306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cylinder head manni surface sanding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question:

Where the manis mount to the cylinder head is it necessary to sand them if you have used a steel gasket previously since they don't leave any residue behind? I was not going to but I noticed I have some 400 grit sand paper lying around so I could give them a quick blast if need be. I took some snaps of the cylinder head surface. I know it is dirty and obviously I would hit it with some brake cleaner and cloth but is it necessary to sand it?

[Image: P1010020_zps7be4e467.jpg]

[Image: P1010022_zpsb17a5ee0.jpg]

[Image: P1010021_zps3e5699e5.jpg]

Thanks.
Just give it a wipe and will be fine
400grit..... Do it

Popcorn
(01-06-2014, 07:59 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Just give it a wipe and will be fine

Alright thanks bud. I didn't see the need to cause myself extra work so I thought I would ask if it was necessary just in case.

(01-06-2014, 08:17 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]400grit..... Do it

Popcorn

This is what I used last time, was fine.
So the need for a new thread is legitimised in the world of 306puggy
Except we're not really stripping doors here (personally I'd dunk the bastards in a tank of caustic if I was doing that, just as bad for an ally head as 60 grit though lol)

400 grit probably not the best way, just A way. Me, I'd soak in diesel and scrape any residue (of fibre/paper/composite gasket material) carefully off the head with a new stanley knife blade, making sure not to gouge the ally. Then I'd give it a light going over with a scouring pad or 800 grit paper soaked in diesel just to make it look nice and fresh.

Many ways to skin a cat, not saying that way is best either, just my way Smile
I think they were spammers!!
Ah strange one yes, both from Cali' with pugs? Not sure they're even allowed in the US are they, I know Citroen were banned for their suspension being too good haha (ok ok, i know it was supposed to be to do with the brakes relying on hydraulic system pressure to function but they allow trucks whose brakes rely on air pressure so it was plainly because they were too nice to ride in & they feared for US built car sales)
Believe it or not the site gets hit with hundreds of potential spam messages a week but most get filtered out automatically. I try to 'kill off' the remaining ones before they have bothered too many members!
Oh I can believe. One of the CB radio forums I used to go on had issues due to admin having family troubles and not having time to get online for a few months & the "registered members online" figure went from about 3 or 4, maybe 10+ at busy times, to over 12,000 causing a traffic jam that made the forum super-slow to use if it worked at all. Most of the IP's were Taiwanese or Korean ISTR

I don't know what they were gaining from having such mass bot-memberships because they rarely if ever posted anything, and I can't see a CB forum being a preferable target for DDOS :?