306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What does this ecu do??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title not really sure what this does. Its on a dturbo and if you remove the centre console there is a sectuon that can be pulled down to get access to this. [attachment=16478]
Its the immobiliser box I think. At least that's where the BSi is on the ph3s.
Well it started witout it connected? I thought that. Any other ideas?
Oh right, umm, maybe its been disabled/bypassed? Can't think what else it'd be for tbh. Does the central locking still work with it unplugged?
Ah I didnt try the central locking. I will venture in rhere again when I replace centre console and try
its the alarm ecu.
phase 1-2 transponder unit, separate to the alarm control unit and CL relays.

your coded solenoid has probably been bypassed/replaced with a standard unit.

phase 3 has integrated alarm transponder and CL unit, NOT a BSI.
is it not the airbag ecu?
Ah I see so probally central locking related and fob related. I dont have a fob. Just standard. Also I know my immobiliser works because I unplugged the exciter and it wouldnt start. (I was in the area)
what exciter?
The reciver then. The ring round the ignition barrel.
(27-05-2014, 05:33 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]phase 3 has integrated alarm transponder and CL unit, NOT a BSI.

Are they not body systems then? Confused

And what would you call it for short, that's a bit of a mouthful. Tongue
Peugeot call it alarm ecu iirc, bsi is a multiplex thing, 306 never was multiplex
I'm sure it still comes up as BSI on PP2K, built in systems interface 'Texton' iirc.

But fair enough. Everyone still knows what it is if referring to it as a BSI though lol.
It's the ACU alarm control unit. If your central locking don't work then it probably does nothing. I cut into the wires to fit my hawk central locking kit. Worked a treat Wink
My central locking works but I thought that was under the rear seat? Or is that just an phase 1s?
Not sure then, mine is a ph3