306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Look at the Moon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If anybody intrested in astronomy like me, if you look at the moon now you will see 2 objects that look like stars near it, the brighter one is the planet Venus and the dimmer one is the Planet Jupiter
SWEET MARY MOTHER OF GOD, i can feel the warmth in my belly
i've been looking at them for the past couple of weeks. the moon looks epic tonight also can see the dark side of it.

*goes and puts on pink floyd*
dark side of the moon - pink floyd is the single most scary song in the world when under influence
Ben Jay Wrote:i've been looking at them for the past couple of weeks. the moon looks epic tonight also can see the dark side of it.

*goes and puts on pink floyd*

yeah would get some pics but cant find my fecking camera again lol
Sweet I'm going outside! Big Grin
Matt Wrote:Sweet I'm going outside! Big Grin

dont do it man
you got a telescope? i used to have a 12inch (giggidy) but had to get rid of it. looking at saturn was amazing.
no not at the moment mate cant afford

but yeah Saturn is amazing to look at, saw jupiter at a proper astronomey club telescope ( you know with the sliding roof and all that), times it perfect as Europa, ganymede, io and Callisto were either side of it in a line
they should make a telescope app
looks amazing! from the attic window it's epic!

Also where we get 0 light pollution here on the island = winning!
ginge191 Wrote:looks amazing! from the attic window it's epic!

Also where we get 0 light pollution here on the island = winning!

yeah its not to bad here i can go up to the hills were its pitch black but i need a telescope so that will have to wait lol
we used to have a telescope, but took up so much room, and these events are rare Tongue
ginge191 Wrote:we used to have a telescope, but took up so much room, and these events are rare Tongue

i know thats the bummer but never mind
declantg Wrote:they should make a telescope app

go to app store and search planets the app icon is a picture of a planet with a ring
would try with the iphone but think there's no chance it would pick anything up..
it uses gps and the motion of the phone to tell you what you are looking at.
Ben, think he was talking about a ZOOOOOOM to look at the stars, those maps are quite cool anywho!
makes you wonder whats on the dark side ninja
[Image: 463876main_LRO_farside.jpg]
Trippy stuff
What's with the triply colours?
declantg Wrote:makes you wonder whats on the dark side ninja

[Image: mooncheese.jpg]
The 'nights sky' app is pretty handy at showing the planets and constellations.
Ok, not the worlds greatest pictures i admit cant see jupiter its to dim but here are the moon and venus

[Image: IMG_1568.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1566.jpg]
And here is a picture taken from the Lunar reconnaissance orbiter it SHows Apollo 17's decent stage on the moon

[Image: Apollo_17_LM_Challenger_LRO.png]
As good as my iphone gets...

[Image: UTcrH.jpg]
at least you got jupiter mate there was a bloody street light blocking my view lol
That was so insane.
Pages: 1 2