306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Kenwood KDC-W7031 CD / MP3 Player £38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently purchased this unit before being offered a slightly different Kenwood from a guy at work, so have just decided to keep whichever one I preferred!

This unit comes with ISO wiring, cage, cage trim, face plate storage box thing, original box and instructions.

Also included is an aftermarket Aux input which goes in place of the disc changer. The advantage of this being that the Aux cable comes out of the back, rather than the front which I detest. This means with careful threading you don't have any wires on show and can use your iPod etc. with the 3.5mm stereo plug.

This particular unit has a G-force meter thing which is hilarious fun, electric tilt/slide faceplate and a flashing LED when you remove the faceplate (so it looks like you have an alarm)

I'm just looking to get as much of my money back as possible, I paid £35 inc. delivery, plus another £8 for the aux adapter from Amazon. I'm looking for £38 delivered ONO.

Does have very light surface scratches but works perfectly and sounds fantastic.

Pictures of actual unit will follow but for now here is the product photo and description -

[Image: kenwood.jpg]

The KDCW7031 incorporates Kenwood's unique G-analyser that shows G-Force and acceleration readings on the radios display.

An integrated digital stopwatch can be auto-triggered to make performance timings.

128 x 23 (64 colour) full dot FL display with eight tone levels and blackout.

Piano black finish front panel features the motorised SLIDE type mechanism with three step angle adjustment.

Facility to add CD changer, walkman type input, accessory remote control.

Can be linked to many factory-fitted remote controls and dashboard displays (requires adaptor).

Radio tuner features:

RDS (radio data system) & EON (extended other networks) tuner
Full coverage of LW / MW / FM wavebands with 24 presets (18FM, 6MW, 6LW)
Auto-memory entry feature stores preset stations
Display of radio text information

CD / MP3 / WMA / ACC features:

Compatible with CD, MP3, WMA and AAC format files
AAC compresses audio much more efficiently than the MP3 standard. Also used on the Apple iPod, Kenwood AAC compatible head units can reproduce files compressed using AAC-LC, including MPEG-4 and .m4a formats
CD-R and CD-R/W compatible
Display of CD text when present on media
Display of MP3 ID-3 tag information
Discs in optional CD changer can be manually assigned names
L/R 0-bit muting for total silence between tracks
Random track play, track repeat and intro scan functions

Amplifier features:

Four channel 4 x 50W max power amplifier (4 x 30W RMS)
Two stereo preamplifier RCA outputs (2.5 volt) for connecting optional external amplifier
Separate adjustments for bass, treble, balance and fader
Loudness control
System Q-EX equaliser with three control bands and six preset settings
System E's optionally cuts bass for front and rear speakers at an adjustable frequency, thus improving sound quality when a separate subwoofer is in use
Switchable, adjustable rear subwoofer output
Built in amplifier can be turned off if external amplification is used
BMS external amplifier control offers parametric EQ control of the Kenwood PS range of external amplifiers. You can also display amplifier status information such as voltage, current, temperature and fan speed on the GUI/OSD
Dual-zone sound output facility
Source tone memory stores equaliser settings for each source (FM radio, AM radio & CD)

Other features:

Kenwood's unique 'G-Analyser' is an acceleration sensor built into the radio. Front and lateral G force readings can be continuously shown on the radio display, as well as linked to a displayed digital stopwatch to make vehicle performance timings
Installer memory switch will return unit to a preset optimum calibration, as programmed by owner or installer
64 colour x 8 shades (128 x 23) FL dot display with display blackout switch
Motorised removable front panel flips down to insert CD disc
Three step front panel angle adjustment
Automatic display brightness dimmer
Compatible with Kenwood CD disc changers
Compatible with Kenwood infra-red remote controls
Will accept auxiliary input cable for Walkman type device playback though radio
Compatible with Kenwood iPod interface to control, display information from and re-charge battery of Apple iPod
DAB reception can be added with accessory DAB tuner
Can be linked to many models of dashboard information displays and factory-fitted remote controls (requires accessory adaptor)
Rotary volume controller
Red or green (switchable) illuminated control buttons
Complete with release keys, ISO connecting loom, full fitting and operating guide

Security, warranty and insurance:

Removable front face with case
Security code protected
Seems like a nice little unit, if it had USB input, i might have been interested. GLWTS though, looks a bargain. Smile
Aye, that's why I'm keeping the other one I've been offered, USB is the only thing missing really! Aux-in is fine most of the time though. The spec on this one is actually better than the one I'm keeping
Pictures before it goes on eBay:

[Image: 57E7AC58-01C1-4EA5-85DE-AD627997869B.jpg]

Rear- (two pre-outs, aux adapter goes where cd changer socket is)
[Image: 731889CF-B4BB-4824-A683-46A71732E1DF.jpg]
oooooooh, what's the plug for the AUX lead like? I'd quite like that if it's the right type.
It's the standard Kenwood cd changer plug, bought the adapter for about £10 on amazon
Willing to sell it?
£5 whole pounds off, now £33 delivered to your door!

I'd keep this but you can't really take advantage of 2 head units lol

Could swap them over one week from the next I suppose...
Wanna sell me the cable? I'd take the whole thing but it's not very pretty Tongue
Yea sorry for not coming back to you bud, will give it a few days, if no interest on here make me an offer on the cable and I'll stick the stereo on eBay Smile
Cool, ta!