306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: admiral/elephant online not taking payment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

just tried paying my insurance with elephant, got all the way to the end of the online quote system, entered card details and being told it cant take payment? :S

the card is not maxed and there is enough in the account, tried with admiral and got the same result?

no idea whats happening but its surely frustrating! everything is 100% correct and tried both credit and debit cards but no luck!

any ideas? :/

thanks
Did that to me once when I tried to pay £1100 to them, bank phoned me up not long after to make sure it was me doing it. Once they were happy, I tried again and it went through.
(15-05-2014, 10:51 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]Did that to me once when I tried to pay £1100 to them, bank phoned me up not long after to make sure it was me doing it. Once they were happy, I tried again and it went through.

my price was over that (£1370) so i suppose thats a possibility!

ill phone the bank tomorrow to let them know im trying to put a big payment through then try again

cheers Smile
Not sure if already aware but admiral and elephant are the same company. I think admiral is the parent company Smile if it's not your bank stopping could be their end playing up Smile
(15-05-2014, 11:44 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if already aware but admiral and elephant are the same company. I think admiral is the parent company Smile if it's not your bank stopping could be their end playing up Smile

Yeah is diamond the other? Smile

Tbh I just found out the last owner hasn't cancelled his insurance yet so could that cause it?

Gahh-.-
Yup and bell I think. Though admiral and elephant are the most common I believe.

I don't believe so (unless the company has their own fail safe and the last owner is with the admiral group too). It's illegal to have More than one policy running on a vehicle at a time as it's a conflict of interest, but as the vehicle is yours and they have no right or use of your vehicle they can't claim on the policy so I can't see an issue.

I'd wait till the morning to ask bud Smile

One thing with admiral group unless your car is worth more than the policy never claim on a total loss as they will pay out and cancel your policy. It's in their small print as I had this with them and they admitted on the phone to me. Excess would have left me with nothing so I just broke and weighed in. Just useful knowledge to know Smile
(15-05-2014, 11:58 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Yup and bell I think. Though admiral and elephant are the most common I believe.

I don't believe so (unless the company has their own fail safe and the last owner is with the admiral group too). It's illegal to have More than one policy running on a vehicle at a time as it's a conflict of interest, but as the vehicle is yours and they have no right or use of your vehicle they can't claim on the policy so I can't see an issue.

I'd wait till the morning to ask bud Smile

One thing with admiral group unless your car is worth more than the policy never claim on a total loss as they will pay out and cancel your policy. It's in their small print as I had this with them and they admitted on the phone to me. Excess would have left me with nothing so I just broke and weighed in. Just useful knowledge to know Smile

Thank you for that! Especially the last bit, I bet they've had a fair few people surprised by that :/

Previous owner is going to cancel it tomorrow anyway and I'll ring the card provider so all should be well Smile

Cheers Smile
Yeah man because they say that you no longer possess the car to insure so the policy is cancelled. Easy enough to suspend your insurance till next have a car and swap details.