306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Pothole Chronicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a bit of a posting whore lately.

Let's see your worst pothole damages. I have plenty. This is the latest:

[Image: dubyru6e.jpg]

Smacked a pothole and it bent the structural metal inside the rubber. Few miles later and the wobbleyest steering in the world this was the result.
My mate had wolfrace alloys, snapped the whole rim, spokes and tyre off in one, was still pumped up lol just the bolts and centre left on the hub. No pics though as it was a few years ago lol
This is why I buy oem alloys and avoid potholes.

Plus with 205/40/17 on a 306 its pretty crashy going iver a stone.
That tyre doesn't exactly strike me with confidence of road legality tbh. I can't say i'm surprised a pothole killed it.
(14-05-2014, 11:12 AM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]That tyre doesn't exactly strike me with confidence of road legality tbh. I can't say i'm surprised a pothole killed it.

It had 5mm tread all around before the pothole. The structure was damaged and wore through the tread in a few days.
(14-05-2014, 11:35 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-05-2014, 11:12 AM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]That tyre doesn't exactly strike me with confidence of road legality tbh. I can't say i'm surprised a pothole killed it.

It had 5mm tread all around before the pothole. The structure was damaged and wore through the tread in a few days.

Can see the damage caused the rapid tread wear cause the wear is not uniform at all.
If that was the case, you really shouldn't have been driving it.
The tracking must have been mega off.
How on earth did you keep it in a straight line ?
Tyres are designed to give before other components. Just some potholes are canyons so destroy all. And as he said the wobbliest steering wheel in the world lol
(15-05-2014, 12:44 PM)nominous Wrote: [ -> ]If that was the case, you really shouldn't have been driving it.
The tracking must have been mega off.
How on earth did you keep it in a straight line ?

Believe me I know aha. The tracking was off anyway and the wheel wasn't too bad until the day before I changed it. I tried tracking and it was worse! Wheel changed and it fixed it and after examining the tyre it became apparent. Believe me driving on that wheel I know was dangerous I just hadn't expected from how much tread was on it only days before.