306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: built up in air inlets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if I've used the wrong terminology, but anyway, I've just done glow plugs on the wife's 306. When I took the air distribution thingy off I noticed a lot of build up of deposits on the inlet pipes (manifold?) Which I didn't notice on my 405. Hers does have egr whereas mine doesn't. Is the built up normal? I didn't scrape any out because I didn't want to disturb it and lumps end up falling in. But just thought I'd check to settle my mind....
Egr valves are buggers for that. It's normal bit doesn't do the engine any good. Better blanking it off or removing the thing altogether. I think there is an electrical connector u can disconnect to stop it opening but nnot sure
I know they're bad for it but didn't know it was that bad. One of them is only about half the diameter now because of it but I don't want to piss about removing it all to clean it if I can avoid it. Car running fine so should be OK I think
It's better cleaning it all out. Think of the restrictions it cause. If you don't have the time or effort at least blank or disconnect though
Time is the restriction not effort Wink yeah I will be doing. And I'll get the crud cleaned out when I get chance, just making sure it's not going to cause harm other than a bit of power loss and mpg maybe