306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: detailing, can it be done by hand?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
seen a couple of images of people flatting there car up and mopping it back up to a high shine.

can this be done without a mop? i dont trust myself with a mop Undecided

Has anyone ever done it by hand? if so what products do you use to get the shine back?

thaanks
It can but very time consuming. You can't go far wrong with a mop just keep it grit free
In short youl get severe hand ache after first panel give up and get a da or rotary
Ok so what products are best to use?
See if you can get an old panel from a scrappy or something to practice on first before touching your car.
Whereabouts are you? I've got a scrap bonnet with a dent and a scape in the corner you could have to practice on if you're local enough to get it. The rest of it is good enough to practice paint correction on.
Birmingham area, think ill just man up and give it a go. thanks though.
Just do plenty of reading online before you start. Get a DA if you're worried, you won't damage the paint with one. I just have a cheap rotary and it does the job perfect. I use Menzerna products and they're fantastic.
Farecla g3 is the stuff to have and a 3m mop. Then finish with auto glym resin polish on top.
G3 is more of a finisher for fresh paint, a bit harsh for normal compound work. You also need to lubricate it as you go, which makes it annoying and more messy to use than others.
Far to many people using g3 for "detailing" truth of is people are using it because it gives quick results but really shit ones at that! It's to aggressive and it's body shop grade for correcting flattened paint after being in the spray booth.
I don't like g3 for this reason is to gritty, same with t cut as well. Srp does a better job and its no where near as bad
anyone got a machine polisher going cheap? Smile
SRP really isn't a polish... It's a glaze it's very very fine in abrasion but contains lots of fillers and resins to give a quick finish.
Tool station do a cheap one.
Aldi have a 'random action' car polisher on at the moment...