306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Aluminum Radiators - Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been looking on ebay and there's a few that are different in price...

I got a gti 6 R reg so I think its 97/98, but the rads for that year are around £150 but for the ph1 they are around £80.

Anyone know the reason for this? are the ph1 that much different? if not may just buy ph1 and fit it to ph2...

Also seen the bigger ones on there with increased cores etc... they are around 190
The main difference between phases are the built in expansion tank on the phase 1 design, and the remote tank on phase 2/3

Also the bottom hose connection varies between models and different inlets for oil cooler
Are you sure the Ph.1 rad you're looking at is a gti-6 one?
As I recall when I was looking at nissens ones a year ago the cheaper 80 quid was was incorrect for my old ph.2 gti-6.
(07-05-2014, 12:47 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]The main difference between phases are the built in expansion tank on the phase 1 design, and the remote tank on phase 2/3

Also the bottom hose connection varies between models and different inlets for oil cooler

Oops just re-read the question, didn't realise you were talking about gti6 rads.

The main difference is the bottom hose connection I think
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...66&alt=web

This is the rad I was wondering about

There's then another one for 96-97 an then another one 97-98 ahhhhh! Help lol
(07-05-2014, 01:45 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2014, 12:47 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]The main difference between phases are the built in expansion tank on the phase 1 design, and the remote tank on phase 2/3

Oops just re-read the question, didn't realise you were talking about gti6 rads.

The main difference is the bottom hose connection I think

& size I think between gti-6 and other petrols.
That's what I was told when I bought mine anyway, no idea how true that is.
gti6 rad has a takeoff for the oil cooler pipework half waydown the rad on the offside there is also a choice of 2 bottom hose types
I wouldnt of thought a '6 would need an uprated rad unless you were going positive manifold pressure! Thats all i can help with there :p
(07-05-2014, 05:54 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]gti6 rad has a takeoff for the oil cooler pipework half waydown the rad on the offside there is also a choice of 2 bottom hose types

Not sure what you mean the rad has a take off for oil cooler? didn't think there was a oil cooler as standard?

And from the choice of the two hose types I guess its just better to get the 97-98 one...?

they do sell 3 different types though:

93-96:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSENS-Radiat...4865d591fa

96-97:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSENS-Radiat...4865d590f6

97-98:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSENS-Radiat...4865d590f2

(07-05-2014, 06:08 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldnt of thought a '6 would need an uprated rad unless you were going positive manifold pressure! Thats all i can help with there :p

Thanks Smile

Some time in the future will be going charged but for not its just the advantage of corrosion free and may be a bit lighter Smile
Considering there wasn't a GTi6 made before 1997 the listing is all wrong, But the later rads with the spring clip like the stat housing is best as you can buy the pipes still from Pug
Was going to try emailing them to ask for the differences but I cant contact them somthing to do with them not allowing you too due to high volume of emails...

Can anyone answer the question about the oil cooler?

as another radiator on ebay the winner racing ones, state in the discription that they do not come with oil coolers. This is leading me to belive the gti etc. have oil coolers as standard?

I assume the best bet would be to go with one for my year of car?
Gti6 have a oil cooler that the filter bolts onto. Two hoses coming off it one going into the rad like cully says
Thanks I really haven't looked at the engine yet all been chassis work done so far... so standard they have a waster cooled oil cooler?
Its a heat exchanger, when the oil is cold it uses the water to warm up faster and when the oil is hot it uses the water to cool down/mantain temperature.
but it gets to a point where they heat each other up quickly and you boil the oil,
Got a link to the other one?
When you say other one guessing you mean the winners racing one il get that up later when I get home today