306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Forced induction guys.. talk to me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided im going to turbo the 6.

Few questions.. what can i run safely on standard internals? (bhp)

Will i need aftermarket ecu or is the original ecu up to the job for low boost?

erm.. no more questions just yet..
Have a quick search mate, its all been covered before Wink
I have searched but seem to get diffrent results/answers each time i look. its racking my head.

Plus if nobody keeps reposting the same old shite how are you boys going to get your post count up Wink
Max safe boost on standard: 250-270bhp isn
Strongly recommend aftermarket management. JP knows a guy who can do it with the standard ecu but as far as i know he's the only guy in the country so your very limited. At least with a Omex or Emerald or something like that, virtually all mappers can deal with it and so can you if you have a laptop.
Quite a job you're considering there, turbocharging a 6.

Best of luck to you mate, look forward to seeing lots of pictures of you winning and smiling, or losing and swearing!

Smile
yes, i think aftermarket will be the way to go then Niall, thanks for the info.

When you say 250 - 270 bh, is that with the block being decomped or totally standard?

Im not really considering it anymore, im planning for it and collecting parts lol.

Also any recomendations for the best ecu to go for?
Totally standard. All the low boost Lynx kits see about 250-270 and are completely happy with that sort of power. Any higher kits get low comp pistons
Ill be happy with that for a while. I see in your thread you have the omex 600 ecu. would you recommend it? or do you think perhaps look at other options as it is for turbo?

Im used to carbs you see so this is all abit new for me. and im genuinley struggling to find helpful information.
Im more than happy with the Omex and the after support is superb. I was going to go for a Emerald K6 because it has quite a few more features than the 600 but apparently the build quality or support isn't as good.
Your a good man, thanks for your input.

Do they provide a base map to get you started?
(05-05-2014, 07:34 PM)j_carter Wrote: [ -> ]Your a good man, thanks for your input.

Do they provide a base map to get you started?

Yeah if you email Guy at Omex with your spec, he will email you a base map. It probably won't run on it but its enough to get the car started so you can check all your sensors etc.
Appreciated, thanks
As Niall said, Wayne at Chipwizards can map the standard ECU, but he's the only person that can map pretty much anything afaik.
It would be cheaper and quicker than using an aftermarket ECU I imagine, I know he's done TU5J4 turbo conversions using the standard Magneti Marelli without any problems.
Thanks. I will consider my options as i think i will go high boost eventually so maybe the aftermarket is a better option or maybe i could just buy it if i ever do go high boost.

Dont supose anybody can link me to a project thread of a turbo's gti6? the search function isnt bringing any up.
Theres no turbo GTis on here as far as I'm aware. Generally supercharging is easier and even then theres only a handful of them on here.
Best bet is to have a look on th 306 gti forum although i can't even think of a finished one over there. There are a few unfinished though Smile
haha, yes that does seem to be the case. cheers
May have T16 manifold for you if interested.

Pm me the right price ThumbsUp
does it have a take off for external wastegate?
Birk will be finishing his Turbo'd Dimma but it certainly isn't cheap to do lol
(05-05-2014, 08:23 PM)j_carter Wrote: [ -> ]does it have a take off for external wastegate?

Nope, few manifolds do.. It'd be a jobby from the turbo as opposed from the manifold itself
ok, no problems. being quoted for one with a take off from the manifold but feel free to pm me a price. could be intrested at the rite price.
(05-05-2014, 07:46 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: [ -> ]As Niall said, Wayne at Chipwizards can map the standard ECU, but he's the only person that can map pretty much anything afaik.
It would be cheaper and quicker than using an aftermarket ECU I imagine, I know he's done TU5J4 turbo conversions using the standard Magneti Marelli without any problems.

He did my 106 rallye turbo on standard ecu, 250 bhp on stock internals! The standard ecus are extremely good but nobody is willing to explore/understand them. For example lauch control and antilag can be added to the 106 ecu!
(06-05-2014, 01:26 PM)craigyt Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2014, 07:46 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: [ -> ]As Niall said, Wayne at Chipwizards can map the standard ECU, but he's the only person that can map pretty much anything afaik.

He did my 106 rallye turbo on standard ecu, 250 bhp on stock internals! The standard ecus are extremely good but nobody is willing to explore/understand them. For example lauch control and antilag can be added to the 106 ecu!

Yours is the one I've heard about/possibly seen at Ricky P's iirc?
(06-05-2014, 03:47 PM)luke306rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2014, 01:26 PM)craigyt Wrote: [ -> ]

Yours is the one I've heard about/possibly seen at Ricky P's iirc?

Yeah thats mine!
I run stock management on mine, with throttle bodies / map sensor delete etc.

Chipwizards can map the stock ECU for anything really. As Craigy says, can be done for boost no issues at all. And it's fair to say they drive REALLY nicely on the stock management.

JP
Thanks for the help guys, mapping the original will surely cut my costs for a while.

Thanks again