306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Supercharger stall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right this might sound really strange and I'm pretty sure i know what it is but just want to check.

Ive fitted my new charger plate and relocated my recirc valve (with a much longer run back to the charger) and am now seeing 6psi (2 more than before). Good news yes. Bad news is if i come off the throttle at highish revs/boost (above 4k), i get a nice chirp from the engine bay which sounds like a momentary belt squeak. My guess is the recirc valve isn't big enough allowing pressure to build up and try and stall the charger. Am i right here or is my charger just f*cked? lol
Its not the engine as I've had the belt off and that runs nice and silent so I'm happy its not about to go bang but i know these chargers don't last 5 minutes when they back up so want to find out if it is that so i can get it sorted. If so, extra recirc valve i suppose?
It's f*cked, scrap it ans start again!
Why not fit the bigger recirc valve you have and see if that fixes it, before going ahead and fitting another?
My guess would be the same as yours Niall, a pressure build up as you come off the throttle.
The aux belt proper tight around the charger pulley?
(05-05-2014, 08:37 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]The aux belt proper tight around the charger pulley?

Well its as tight as its always been. Slightly tighter than your average aux belt set up
Its a new belt. Have you tightened it back up enough? Could have stretched bit. On a standard system you probably wouldn't notice it, but yours is, err, not standard? lol