306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What paint do you all use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure at some point almost all of us have painted something on our pugs, whether it be interior trim or whole panels, I'm just curious to know what different people use.

Getting a good colour match for a Peugeot can be a bitch as they make so many different shades of the same colour, diablo red for example, same paint code throughout production but ph1 306 is a totally different shade to the much lighter ph3 diablo.

So what do you use?

I ask mainly because I'm having alot of trouble sourcing some nile blue that's going to match my car as depending on year, nile seems to come in totally different colours lol
Up untill last week I'd of used hammerite but its shit now.

As for colour match I had good experience with the really cheap cans off ebay, halfords bianca white is nothing like the bianca white on my estate.
you are far better finding a local autopaints international dealer and taking the car or a panel to the, they will then mix it to suit.

its not that there is just differances in year, you also diffrance in shade due to how well the paint work has being looked after, if it has being parked in bright sunlight all the time etc.

a good apint shop will have a variety of paint swatches and will compare them against the car and mix accordingly
£1'land gloss black is where it's at.
Used £1 land paint loads of times, wish they would do anthracite
For my roof restoration I used halfords mixing service, pretty good job can't tell the different at most angles but then it'll never be fully perfect as people have said because of the aging of the colour etc
Take a painted part too halfords for them too match the paint Smile

And get me too spray it Wink
£1land paint for most stuff, unless it's panels.

Just used £1 land primer, halfords white for my wheels

Lacquer I have used is shit though, autotek it's still tacky like 2 hours later, and has turned the wheels from white to creamy and has brown runs :/
(02-05-2014, 03:26 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]£1land paint for most stuff, unless it's panels.

Then you use dulux? lol

Used halfords laquer a while back, just spat blobs out which i wasnt impressed with
Meh dulux is if I'm feeling flush Wink
have to say i have used the £1land silver a few times to base coat bits in and will be doing the same when i start doing my alloys.
Used Nitromors, Blackfriars chalkboard paint, Hammerite, Ronseal Satin varnish, Dulux undercoat in the past and and some random military vehicle paint. Does the trick for me Wink
Used halfords stuff which is good though when I can I'll picky hammerite, dulux, international from work Big Grin

(02-05-2014, 04:00 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Meh dulux is if I'm feeling flush Wink

Can't beleive I used to get it for a £1 a litre at work lol
Take it somewhere that will match. I did with my cherry red phase 1, the bloke came out with 10 different shades of the same paintcode.

When I had my wheels powdercoated I needed paint to match the center caps he found me a really great match!