306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Friday!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well again it's Friday and best bit is it's a 3 day weekend Big Grin

Today: work then nothing. Probably see the missus tonight
Tomorrow: not much in the day then off up to London in the evening to go to the shard and out for dinner.
Sunday: bit of work on the car if the weather is nice
Monday: same as Sunday probably.
Work 9-6, home, clear astra out,
Saturday, up to pick up the bm at 8.30, can't wait!
Sunday, no idea, probably put my stuff in the bm!
Monday, no idea
Today: work, tonight parents are back from their 3 week holiday. So must likely family catch up.
Sat: more family catching up. Sort out my fish tank and house since I have not been there in 3 weeks.
Sun: relax.
Monday: working on the car.
fri- my birthday today, booked into a boardroom meeting at 09.00---will be paying 0% attention, playing hillclimb racer on my phone instead

sat ----nothing
sun---mrs booked us into a hotel for an overnight stay, meal and brekkie !

mon---home in afternoon to do nothing
Work today then over to the unit to work on the gti6

Saturday: work on the gti6, weigh in the breaker shell and the 205 plus dropping parts off in various places

Sunday working on the gti6

Monday working on the gti6
Friday... Prep Paint gun, sealer, and tiger seal at garage
Saturday... escape to the MAN CAVE, primer front bumper of 205, primer wing mirrors, snad down and repair damaged roof, primer... anyone see the recurring theme here? sand, fill, sand, prime.... repeat!
Saturday... rebuild inner fron arches of 205.... MUST remember to get dust mask and googles.... its dark in there!! Smile
Sunday... Bootlid sand down and plexi glass fitting.
Monday... rejoice that the alarmc lock did not ring at 6! AM!!! (whilst sleeping that is!!!) Drop Sump, reseal...KILL OIL Leak!!!

So if anyone does not know what to do with their weekend... I've got plenty for bored hands! Smile Car needs to get ready for FCS!!!

BTW ANYONE got a 309 rear axle PLEEEASE?
Today - Work til 5, find a film to sit and watch with the Mrs
Tomorrow - Up early, Mrs is at work, looking after my daughter all day. Will think of something fun to do. May fit my bumper in the afternoon
Sunday - May take the Mrs out for a nice breakfast as she treated me last week, then going to a local village fair, then the 'rents want to do a BBQ?! Not sure what the weather will be like.
Monday - As much fiddling with the car as I can get away with lol
Friday: Last day ever at where i work, bit emotional.... not. Finish work, go home and finish stripping XSI ready too weigh in next week.
Saturday: Provided decat turns up get it fitted along with supersprint pipe (much win)
Sunday: Pull S16 out of man cave and strip man cave apart for refurb
Monday: most likely give up trying too arrange man cave and just chuck everything back through door, throw S16 back in on top.

Oh and i probably should find some time foir the gf in and amongst all that, its her birthday weekend and shes got a new job.
Friday, heading out to the car in a sec, removing seats and stuff haha on an overnight shift tonight
Saturday someone picking up my seats, I might buy some shit depending on if my harnesses sell and/or my insurance come back and then another overnight shift
Sunday, put car together as much as I can, then another overnight
Monday no idea if I'm working yet haha
Friday - go for a run, finish building bike, do some ironing
Saturday - Take the new bike out for a spin, try and knock some more time off my cycle on the triathlon course
Sunday - Halton Traithlon, die afterwards
Monday - Double time at work till 3pm
Shit that reminds me, haven't been running this week at all. Better go tonight.

How far do you run bud? I'm trying to shift this baby weight, so-called because I've gained a belly since having a daughter.

Yup, blaming her for it...
Friday- waiting for courier and may test fit the new wheels but doubtful as weathers crap
Saturday-girlfriend and boyfriend stuf
Sunday- Same as Saturday

Double time for 10 and a half hours monday though Big Grin
Friday - Work
Off for 9 days xD - party time
Work tomorrow, bike Sunday and work Monday. Living the dream me.
(02-05-2014, 11:28 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Shit that reminds me, haven't been running this week at all. Better go tonight.

How far do you run bud? I'm trying to shift this baby weight, so-called because I've gained a belly since having a daughter.

Yeah I'm blaming mine on my ex fiancee as shes not around to argue back and also tearing the ligaments in my ankle at work twice in the last year.

I'm fairly new to running TBH so this is just my oppinion on it, its probably all wrong but I have been trying to build myself up to bigger and bigger distance. 3 weeks ago I couldn't run 1km straight but I've just got in from doing 5.3km (3.3miles). I entered myself into this triathlon to force myself to take it up and do the training as dieting wasn't working for me. I was so used to eating a huge amount when I used to race BMX that I found it so hard to cut down to what I need. Now I'm back to eating what I want and getting slimmer (I'm not actually loosing weight just converting fat to muscle).

My best mate (also a fatty) took up running about a year ago and his regular route is 4 miles but feels fitter and is slimmer. I don't run with him as although hes only a few inches shorter than I am I apparently run at a pretty impressive pace for someone so unfit. He does about a 10min mile whereas I do 8min miles.

I want to get myself up to being able to run 10-12km as the run on the Olympic triathlon is 10km. I'm only doing the Triathlon training as I want to get back into racing BMX and 4x but I can do something different every day rather than feeling like I have to hit the bike every day so its not a chore to train.

I find having the Runastic app (free version) on my phone to be a good encouragement to beat myself every time. I haven't got it set to post to facebook or start cheering me on in a really fake voice like some people do as thats a bit sad TBH. You can make it show the map in colours so you can see your fast bits and slow bits and again its a good help for pacing yourself. Finally I find it best to run a route with lots of corners or landmarks on to stop myself giving up as i always make myself run to the next corner/landmark which is easy if its 200m away but really shit running down the side of a featureless main road for a mile.

Also I wanna be fit enough for a naked lap at FCS LOL Big Grin
Friday: Out of work at 3.45 for a mates leaving do, then train to the stadium for Leeds v Wigan Big Grin
Saturday: BBQ and beer!
Sunday: Going to the coast for a night away Smile
Monday: Come home, sort out camping gear.
Friday work
Saturday work
Sunday catch up on sleep
Monday work

yay
These threads come around far too often.. Sad
Today: redoing the my interior, one job turned into 3 as usual
Tomorrow: skatepark opening event
Sunday: finish interior if i dont get it done today andlunch with the family
Monday: ninja plans maybe sort my gauges out
Tuesday: more ninja plans
(02-05-2014, 01:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2014, 11:28 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Shit that reminds me, haven't been running this week at all. Better go tonight.

Yeah I'm blaming mine on my ex fiancee as shes not around to argue back and also tearing the ligaments in my ankle at work twice in the last year.

I'm fairly new to running TBH so this is just my oppinion on it, its probably all wrong but I have been trying to build myself up to bigger and bigger distance. 3 weeks ago I couldn't run 1km straight but I've just got in from doing 5.3km (3.3miles). I entered myself into this triathlon to force myself to take it up and do the training as dieting wasn't working for me. I was so used to eating a huge amount when I used to race BMX that I found it so hard to cut down to what I need. Now I'm back to eating what I want and getting slimmer (I'm not actually loosing weight just converting fat to muscle).

My best mate (also a fatty) took up running about a year ago and his regular route is 4 miles but feels fitter and is slimmer. I don't run with him as although hes only a few inches shorter than I am I apparently run at a pretty impressive pace for someone so unfit. He does about a 10min mile whereas I do 8min miles.

I want to get myself up to being able to run 10-12km as the run on the Olympic triathlon is 10km. I'm only doing the Triathlon training as I want to get back into racing BMX and 4x but I can do something different every day rather than feeling like I have to hit the bike every day so its not a chore to train.

I find having the Runastic app (free version) on my phone to be a good encouragement to beat myself every time. I haven't got it set to post to facebook or start cheering me on in a really fake voice like some people do as thats a bit sad TBH. You can make it show the map in colours so you can see your fast bits and slow bits and again its a good help for pacing yourself. Finally I find it best to run a route with lots of corners or landmarks on to stop myself giving up as i always make myself run to the next corner/landmark which is easy if its 200m away but really shit running down the side of a featureless main road for a mile.

Also I wanna be fit enough for a naked lap at FCS LOL Big Grin

Yea dude go for it!

I've been doing it for the last 3 months and it makes you feel so much better - at work, in the mornings / evenings, just more refreshed even a couple of days after a short run.

I also do a 3 mile loop (3 and a bit) at a similar pace to you, I can't be asked with jogging. Probably doing my joints no good but f*ck it! It's all about the speed yo! Although getting overtaken by young people is frustrating. Overtaking a cyclist on a hill is satisfying though!

I use the Runkeeper app, sounds very similar to what you're using tbh. Good for keeping track of everything.

I'm trying to get back to where I was 3 years ago (when the ex left me...it gave me motivation) I could do 10km at an average of 7m 15s miles. That seems like a long way off though, best I've managed so far is 7m 36s over half the distance!
Thought about taking part in a Parkrun?

Google it, they do them most parts of the country, 5km run on a saturday morning.
Friday; surprising the mrs for her birthday
Tomorrow; not much during day, out for drinks and dinner in evening
Sunday; BBQ if weather holds out
Monday; off to pug performance to grab some spares.
(02-05-2014, 02:42 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Yea dude go for it!

I've been doing it for the last 3 months and it makes you feel so much better - at work, in the mornings / evenings, just more refreshed even a couple of days after a short run.

I also do a 3 mile loop (3 and a bit) at a similar pace to you, I can't be asked with jogging. Probably doing my joints no good but f*ck it! It's all about the speed yo! Although getting overtaken by young people is frustrating. Overtaking a cyclist on a hill is satisfying though!

I use the Runkeeper app, sounds very similar to what you're using tbh. Good for keeping track of everything.

I'm trying to get back to where I was 3 years ago (when the ex left me...it gave me motivation) I could do 10km at an average of 7m 15s miles. That seems like a long way off though, best I've managed so far is 7m 36s over half the distance!
LOL anything slower than 7 min mile pace is jogging for me, long legs FTW. My top pace is about 7:30min miles over 2.25 miles. Would love to be able to hold 7 min mile pace though. I'm trying to push myself up to a 4 mile loop as my normal run and keep it comfortably under half an hour before stepping up another jump in distance to the 6 mile sort of mark.

I know what you mean about overtaking people but for me its in the villages on the bike I'm overtaking cars and that puts a smile on my face. Got my road bike up into top gear today which is a good feeling. With that gear ratio and my normal peddling RPM it was probably over 30mph I was whacking along at up a slight hill. Flat out that gear would see me at just shy of 60mph

(02-05-2014, 02:46 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought about taking part in a Parkrun?

Google it, they do them most parts of the country, 5km run on a saturday morning.
I'm not sure thats my sort of thing, I like running on my own as I tend to shout encouragement at myself. That said the local one to me is in a nice bit of town and its free so I might give it a go.

I much prefer the running club by my best mate. 4 pubs all 2 miles apart, start at pub 1 finish at pub 4 so a 6 mile run (about 10km) at 10min/mile pace with 3 breaks and alot of beer. That's my sort of exercise. I need to be fitter to go and join them really.
Friday: Had a boxing fight, won Big Grin
Saturday (today): Exam revision
Sunday: Exam revision
Monday: Exam revision
So far, I've actually stuck to my plans! I'm even surprised at myself