306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: V5 Traders Slip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what the legalities are of using this?

Obviously it doesn't add any extra owners to the car, and I'd get the V5 immediately to either sell on or scrap the car as soon as possible, rather than waiting 3 weeks for the new V5.

Its just a guy I had collect one of the cars, paid cash on my behalf, and filled in the traders slip on the V5 as he said he always does for his own...Id never even thought of using it before!

I was just wondering if this was all good and legal for me to do or not? Can't seem to find a decent answer from googling!

Cheers
Tom
If I'm selling or scrapping I only fill in the yellow traders slip and take logbook

f*ck waiting about for dvla to send it me out again
Well that's what I'm thinking tbh, just wasn't sure if it was illegal to do so as I'm not a proper trader. Confused
Mehh long as you don't go flying through speed cameras and getting previous owner points through letterbox I see no problem?

Usually cars are bought and stripped bare and weighed in within 2 days Cba waiting about for logbook
The traders slip effectively puts the car temporarily in your name but with out issuing the log book out.

Tom the problem you will have is that if you trade any more than six cars a year you have to register as a trader and with that brings like traders insurance etc.
When we send the trade slip off we also have them added to our traders insurance policy at work, not sure if the dvla have a way to check if a car is on such a policy as the cars don't show on the MID
Plus when insuring the car under 'normal' insurance. Doesn't the car have to be in your name or the named drivers?
Gah, nothings ever simple is it lol! Rolleyes
If your not keeping it trade slip if your keeping fill logbook out simples
Always done it this way.. 6 times a year is true but I have done it for 8-9 years buying 3-4 cars a month with no come backs..
Dvla dont bother me nor have they ever done regarding this way.
Chris
What would happen if there was a comeback though? Would they make you pay thousands in backdated tax or something? Confused
You can't use it for personal cars it's for trade only
They're not personal cars though, and I'm not trade either... Dodgy

I'll just leave it I think lol. Better not buy anymore either if you're only allowed 6 a year. Confused
(27-04-2014, 11:23 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Mehh long as you don't go flying through speed cameras and getting previous owner points through letterbox I see no problem?

Usually cars are bought and stripped bare and weighed in within 2 days Cba waiting about for logbook

How do you get on at scrap yard if logbook is in some one else's name cos don't they fill check out in the name off the log book?
No don't bother checking I've scrapped them with just new keepers slip not even filled in
(30-04-2014, 07:16 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-04-2014, 11:23 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Mehh long as you don't go flying through speed cameras and getting previous owner points through letterbox I see no problem?

How do you get on at scrap yard if logbook is in some one else's name cos don't they fill check out in the name off the log book?

Cheque? Money for a shell? Lucky bugger. Dodgy
I've got a account with local scrappy as I'm there like once a week lol money goes straight into my bank I get around £50 for a bare shell no panels suspention engine interior ect
That's not bad then!

As for the bank, they all have to pay into bank accounts now afaik...
Bank or cheque but if I use my bank it's on within half hour Smile
Ah ok, mine just pays into the account anyway....didn't know anyone still used cheques! lol They always rip me off anyway tbh... 'theres a milligram of iron there so it'll have o be iron ally' or 'yeah just stick it all on, its all light iron' 'what, all the cast as well?' 'yeah' ... Dodgy Rolleyes

Hate going there lol.