306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: heating oil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will a hdi run on heating oil with 2 stroke oil in it
no cause its illegal to use on the road as the duty has not been paid!
For off road use it will, but i think it will still kill it
Place near me sells bio heating oil, its effectively biodiesel without the tax. Is heating oil therefore just diesel ?
Ive used bio heating oil and it worked fine not sure about normal heating oilntho
heating oil is kerosene afaik, can go to lower temps than diesel but not really relevant in uk.

would give less power / mpg

not sure about putting it in a hdi, xud would be fine

and of course, completely illegal for road use
More or less, it will shit up filters like veg does and struggle to rev, but yeah it will. However it is hugely illegal in a road car.
Has very little lubricating properties, is very 'dry', Commonrail pumps working at @ 20,000psi or so isn't going to like it. Know people who have done it and have damaged the entire fuel system.

Not to mention it's totally illegal. So don't bother.
I thought with 2 stroke it would be slippery enough for the fuel system
(28-04-2014, 02:50 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought with 2 stroke it would be slippery enough for the fuel system

'Slippery enough?'

wow.

it's still illegal, no matter how 'slippery' it is.
(28-04-2014, 02:50 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought with 2 stroke it would be slippery enough for the fuel system

No, not really, it's still not got the required lubricants in, not to mention it'll also destroy the seals...

And anyway, it's illegal... End of discussion.

If talk of it continues, the thread will be locked.
Surely its not illegal for track days as it's not on the road so why should it be end of discussion I never said it was for road use just asking advice surely that's what forums are for
Mate just give up and stop trying to find excuses lol, I definitely wouldn't be using that on a track with the fuel pump and injectors being used heavily... you'd be lucky to last a lap

And you get less power than derv..
(28-04-2014, 03:09 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]And anyway, it's illegal... End of discussion.

If talk of it continues, the thread will be locked.

I kinda like reading these things for end of world/Apocalypse type situations you know ? Smile
(28-04-2014, 03:28 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: [ -> ]Surely its not illegal for track days as it's not on the road so why should it be end of discussion I never said it was for road use just asking advice surely that's what forums are for

Majority of tracks still demand your car is fully road legal so no, its not suitable on track either.
Well, that's fine, as said, yes it'll probably run in an XUD fine, however it will eat the seals of a HDi CR pump and probably begin to wear the internals of the pump.

I've seen XUDs running on it, they don't like it at all, VE pumps were never made for poorly lubricating fuel, it'll definitely wear the internals of the pump faster.

However the comment before still stands.
I believe someone on here is currently having to replace their whole fuel system thanks to some mong running the HDi on kerosene.
;_;

Why would you even consider this. It's a bad idea, sure 2 stroke oil will help it but it doesn't "lubricate" the same way at all.

As mentioned, it's so dry that it'll chew the pump and kill the injectors.

So, even putting legalities aside, running kerosene based fuels is a bad idea.

You can just about get away with paraffin - but you'll pay shit loads of tax on that Tongue