306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: calipers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much bigger are gti6 calipers compared hdi ones and are they a worth fitting ?
HDI are 266 and GTI6 are 283, it might not seem like much but yes it is worth it . .Smile
What about brembo how hard are they to fit ? Haha
No, its not worth it. I've had both, got GTi ones currently, wont bother changing to them on the 5dr as they don't seem to make much difference, just give a bit of extra pedal travel which is annoying lol.

They do look better behind cyclones though lol.
(26-04-2014, 09:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]No, its not worth it. I've had both, got GTi ones currently, wont bother changing to them on the 5dr as they don't seem to make much difference, just give a bit of extra pedal travel which is annoying lol.

They do look better behind cyclo for nones though lol.

Do they bolt straight on ? My uncles breaking his 406 coupe and has said i can have them if i want them Smile
GTi calipers bolt straight on yeah. I'm not sure about the Brembo's though.
(26-04-2014, 10:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]GTi calipers bolt straight on yeah. I'm not sure about the Brembo's though.

Cool might offer them up see whats what
brembos bolt straight on i think you have to use xantia v6 disc's though
283s are definitely a worth while upgrade if you like to drive in a spirited manor and Brembos even more so. Both just bolt on (need different lines for the brembos) But be warned, brembos squeal horrendously on nearly all discs. In fact the only ones i think they don't squeal on are Tarox G40 discs at roughly £280 a set. Cheaper just to get some decent Hispecs or Wilwoods.
(27-04-2014, 07:42 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]283s are definitely a worth while upgrade if you like to drive in a spirited manor and Brembos even more so. Both just bolt on (need different lines for the brembos) But be warned, brembos squeal horrendously on nearly all discs. In fact the only ones i think they don't squeal on are Tarox G40 discs at roughly £280 a set. Cheaper just to get some decent Hispecs or Wilwoods.

different flexi lines ? or the rigids as well ?