306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: A list of bushes to replace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm getting more confident with the '6 but it just feels like the car isn't in contact with the road.

I've driving a '6 before and it felt spot on; for some reason (probably because the previous owner was uselsss) my '6 feels tail happy and not to point-on in the corners, so, what to replace and in what (importance) order?

I know the TRE's need replacing.
Wishbone bushes, partners ones if your being cheap powerflex or even vibratechnics if you want to splash out. And solid beam mounts imo. The only epic handling 6 i ever driven had every handling mod going roller bearing wishbone bushes adjustable droplinks, beam mounts hybrid arb etcetc
P bushes and front wishbone bushes will make the biggest difference. If the back end feels vague (giggidy) then do the rear beam mounts. Its personal preference if you go standard or solids. Some love solid mounts (and a bonus is you won't ever have to replace them) but i like standard ones and tbh, they won't need replacing in my ownership of the car.

(23-04-2014, 05:46 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Wishbone bushes, partners ones if your being cheap powerflex or even vibratechnics if you want to splash out. And solid beam mounts imo. The only epic handling 6 i ever driven had every handling mod going roller bearing wishbone bushes adjustable droplinks, beam mounts hybrid arb etcetc

like Tom says you can go balls out with roller bearing bushes etc and it will go round corners like its on rails but it is not a pleasant place to be at all in every day driving especially on the roads here! (and the island if you count that as a real place Wink )
Engine mounts and wishbone bushes? Rear beam mounts?
Rear beam mounts seem a good shout - can be replaced with moreorless the beam intact, oui?

And might purchase wishbones as a whole piece - bushse n'all.

£200 for a set of roller bushes is a little steeep for me Big Grin
If you can spend the money, Meyle HD wishbones are about £130 for a set and a great compromise between cheapness and good handling. I love mine!
Repalce the P bush's with partner ones, there far better. You will need an m10 bolt for them as the 306 ones use m8. And do the round ones at the front of wishbone aswell with good quality ones.

Replace all 4 beam mounts with oe ones of good make and you can stiffen them up a bit with that windscreen weld sealant stuff. Just pack it in and let it set.

Part number for partner P bush: 3523.83