306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: GTi6 tuning... bang for your buck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, i was just wondering if any of you could help...

If i were to cam a gti6 on fast road cams with larger injectors, power boost valve with a remap from chip wizards, decat (or high flow cat) and straight through exhaust and a closed induction kit with cold air feed. What sort of results would this achieve?
Has anyone done this, how has it worked?

Thanks in advance Smile
A power boost valve?! Is that one of those bloody things which increases fuel rail pressure?

Don't bother.

Talk to James (Jammapic) on here and have a look at his build thread of his very own 220+bhp GTi6.
With pt81 cams 195 bhp is achievable but depends what rollers you put it on as you can really make a car look great or bad depending how they set it up.

though its widely beleive that pt81 cam decat cat back decent induction kit and some sort of map would get you over 190 maybe 195
Power boost valve is a waste of time really as they have a decent fuel pressure reg on them already (not too say i havent given mine a tap)

As suggested have a look at jammapic's build thread, very accurate and high quality build by someone who knows what theyre talking about Smile

Modifying list for any gti-6 should be as follows:

Refurbish ALL suspension / handling wear and tear components.
Refurbish complete braking system.
Give engine a thorough service inc cambelt and aux belt with A/C delete and remove the A/C radiator & pump from the engine bay.

Then you can start looking at performance camshafts / headwork / ITB's / turbo / supercharger / high or low comp / forged internals / induction kits etc etc

Its a pretty endless list of what CAN be done too a 306. the trick is doing it right Smile
Cheers for the replies guys, very sound advise Smile

Matt, my plan is to overhaul most of the running gear, suspension, brakes, engine... all wearing parts really. Then look at tuning, just wondered what was achievable without going to TBs or forced induction.

Just need to save up the pennies now Smile
Don't touch the engine, light wheels good brake pads and good tyres.

Rebuilt beam with 21mm torsion bars.

that's about it really without spending several thousands.
I think once my rallye is sorted i will be happy with 200bhp untill i start thinking about an LSD and ITB's with a forged high comp bottom end Smile
I'm running an ATB type diff at about 130-140 ish bhp in my 205 Wink
As pointed out after exhaust / air filter there isn't any particularly "bang-per-buck" mod's power wise..
Leave it standard... it's a slippery slope! :-)

JP
std is fun i do enjoy mine Wink
Weld a massive turbo on, fit some 700cc injectors and away you go! (for a few minutes)

In all seriousness, as standard they are great fun once you replace any worn bushes (which they all have now unless they have been owned by an enthusiast)
This is what I'm doing with mine, but make it handle great. Less you have a lot of money to spend I wouldn't bother any other way.