306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: semi-engine strip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
basically i wanna strip the engine on my '6' to the point where i can take my inlet manifold off, just wanna give a few bits a proper clean up, bits including inlet manifold, rocker cover, and fuel rail (i think its called), and a few other bits when ive got the engine stripped to this point. is there any guides floating around giving me info on this, or any tips that can be offered. will also help me in the future if any engine work needs to be carried out also, just wanna get to grips with the 2.0 lump and gain a bit more knowledge on it as well.
Its all simple just unbolt and unplug stuff. Just remember to keep areas like cam carriers when the covers are off and the inlets covered up to stop crap getting in. All it would take is to drop a washer down a inlet port with a open valve and it to drop on top of the piston and the chances are thats a head off job.
The gti-6 forum has lots of guides specifically for this engine which are well worth reading.

Basically, what Niall said though, as long as you are careful, cover all the holes and put everything back where it came from it's straightforward and is mostly a case of carefully undoing everything.
Yeah, well in currently in the process of registering with the gti6 forum, just to gain more knowledge, but thanks for the info
Before you take the fuel hoses off, Unplug the fuel pump /fuse while the engine is running to take the pressure out of the fuel rail.
Other wise fuel will squirt out every where