306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: gti6 airbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone please explain to me what is up with the airboxes on a gti6, youve got the main bit were the actual airfilter is situated then another plastic compartment that connects to it also. what is this for?
Air feed pipe ?
I'm not sure, you've got the pipe that comes down from the throttle body which goes into the main airbox with the filter in, then there's another box connected to it via a pipe, as far as i'm aware there is nothing in it
Thing your talking about the resonator part under the intake manifold?

Best thing to do is sack it off / fit a bung, you can buy the bungs i think, its a common mod iirc...
there is also a large plasic resenator box on the side of the airbox
[attachment=15581]
Ah ok sorry, Ive literally no idea, I dont work on these haha
Aright, what's the resonator box for?
Resonator box is just to change the induction noise of the engine. Its not needed but you may find the car to be noisier under load if you do away with it and blank off the hole.
its somthing to do with harmonic pulse tuning
google search "Helmholtz Resonators" and make your own conclusion Wink
(19-04-2014, 08:03 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]its somthing to do with harmonic pulse tuning
google search "Helmholtz Resonators" and make your own conclusion Wink

Pretty sure there was a big conversation about this on the 6 forum and the one on the inlet is for pulse tuning but the one on the air box was purely for sound.
So its not needed then, what about the resontaor box the darrenjlobb was on about, the one under the intake manifold
Well if you get rid of that you will need a bung. As Cully said, it is there for pulse tuning but some people say you gain a tiny amount of torque by getting rid.
Aright, may as well leave it on i spose.
thanks for the info