306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: burning smell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if any of you have experienced this
Every time I enter a motorway I get this burning rubber smell in the car, after a few minutes it clears and doesn't come back unless you floor it, it does happen sometimes on A roads but only if I'm pushing the car hard,
any help on this would be much appreciated Thanks
does the car smoke under load at all?
Its oil burning in the turbo/exhaust I think, I get this on mine quite a lot when pushed hard but no visible smoke from drivers seat.
(14-04-2014, 02:41 PM)mspdan Wrote: [ -> ]does the car smoke under load at all?

Yes it does a little bit, I've never noticed a big black cloud of smoke before, even if I drive it gently to get up to 70mph, you 99% guarantee the smell will start

(14-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Its oil burning in the turbo/exhaust I think, I get this on mine quite a lot when pushed hard but no visible smoke from drivers seat.

So basically nothing to worry about ???, it's been like this since I brought it, I just chose to ignore it lol, thought I'd better check as don't won't it catching fire
Any news on this? I'm having a similar problem
Yeah I inhereted this issue, on toms. Had a dig around and it looks like there is a very very slow oil leak somewhere. Most often the oil just evaporates but when you push it the exhaust gets hot enough to burn the oil off. I am not really worried about it but will try to identify whats actually leaking at some point.
It was my previous HDi tose. lol

They all seem to do it tbf though.
Mine does this also