306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Guess My Hire Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Getting given a hire car tonight which will apparently be the same class as my car. I'm expecting an eco shitbox.

Anyone care to guess?
Nissan juke. They seem to be courtesy car favourites.

Or a 1l fiat 500
Ford Fiesta tdci seems to be another popular courtesy car
Kia cee'd or I 30 are popular with avis. .

Don't listen to simular stuff.. my mum had a Kia carens 6 seater thing.. 1800cc and they gave her a 530d with 7 miles on the clock lol
Fiesta tdci or corsa, all 3 garages I worked at had them as their easy to fix ( apparently )
I really hope it's an aygo
Renault Twingo
(10-04-2014, 10:17 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Kia cee'd or I 30 are popular with avis. .

Don't listen to simular stuff.. my mum had a Kia carens 6 seater thing.. 1800cc and they gave her a 530d with 7 miles on the clock lol

f*ck! Avis are supplying it.
Nissan note or ford focus
Got both of them through avis before
Whatever you get it'll be pretty new and much better than a 306...

/bait lol
that would debatable tom, i remember my mum getting a matiz as a hire car, it was horrible and went back promptly lol
Well they just phoned to arrange a time so I asked what it would be. Guy said a Vauxhall Insignia but we'll see. Was kinda hoping for a Ford.
a car is better than no car though mate Smile
We had an I30 most recently through Avis. Before that our epic Fiat 500 1.2

The I30 was well built but slow as f*ck. It wasn't as fun as the 500 even which was slower than a slow thing.
Insignia should be alright, a bit cheap around the inside though.
Someone I know got arse ended a few weeks ago & is currently driving a 63 plate A class AMG! turned up out of the blue from the third party insurer - jealous!
An AMG? Are you sure? The AMG is one helluva expensive car to be farmed out for rental! It also has a 6 month waiting list if you went and ordered one today. I'd guess he's just got a dieseasal with the bodykit?
(10-04-2014, 02:09 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]An AMG? Are you sure? The AMG is one helluva expensive car to be farmed out for rental! It also has a 6 month waiting list if you went and ordered one today. I'd guess he's just got a dieseasal with the bodykit?

il have to ask him, it was only a DS3 that he had that was hit!
amg is a trim level, has sporty bits on it but isnt the top of the range a class, failry short lead times on them but remember most Mercedes are factory order to your spec so it all depends on the luck of where you end up om the production.

the AMG45 is the top line model and the only one that actually has an AMG built engine in it.
(10-04-2014, 12:20 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]We had an I30 most recently through Avis. Before that our epic Fiat 500 1.2

The I30 was well built but slow as f*ck. It wasn't as fun as the 500 even which was slower than a slow thing.

What engine was in the i30 out of interest as we have the 1.6diesel 110ps things at work. Also mk1 or mk2 (god I'm becoming an i30 geek)
Insignia ecoflex
Well it's an Insignia, 1.8 petrol :/

Also, can't see a thing out of it, moved it to a different spot outside and did a shitey 3/4/5 point turn as there is no visibility and no parking sensors.
Yeah visibility in most new cars is appalling.
(10-04-2014, 03:46 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2014, 12:20 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]We had an I30 most recently through Avis. Before that our epic Fiat 500 1.2

What engine was in the i30 out of interest as we have the 1.6diesel 110ps things at work. Also mk1 or mk2 (god I'm becoming an i30 geek)

Same engine as in my Kia and I'm positive they have a bed in map. Mine was shit slow when i first got it and one day i turned it on and it was like a different car.
Oh and they are 126PS Wink
I had the "pleasure" of the very same car the other day. Terminally slow, and i found the seats rather uncomfortable. I was mostly only passenger in that though, drove a Focus ST170 estate home...THAT was far more fun! lol
(10-04-2014, 08:05 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]I had the "pleasure" of the very same car the other day. Terminally slow, and i found the seats rather uncomfortable. I was mostly only passenger in that though, drove a Focus ST170 estate home...THAT was far more fun! lol

What insignia or i30? I know the insignia 1.8 is deadly slow after i shot past a colleague in a hire one today in my hire Hyundai with the same engine as my Kia.
I love hire car races lol
(10-04-2014, 08:15 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2014, 08:05 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]I had the "pleasure" of the very same car the other day. Terminally slow, and i found the seats rather uncomfortable. I was mostly only passenger in that though, drove a Focus ST170 estate home...THAT was far more fun! lol

What insignia or i30? I know the insignia 1.8 is deadly slow after i shot past a colleague in a hire one today in my hire Hyundai with the same engine as my Kia.
I love hire car races lol

Yay :/

138bhp in something that is 1400+kgs. I'm used to 140/150 with a turbo, diesel torque and less weight Sad
if its a new shape one with a sat nav and the track pad controller for it, You will loose your temper in seconds with that. Its unbelievably shit! lol
Insignia is what, 1700kgs+? They really feel it in the bends too. My mum and dad used to run the CDTi which felt brisk enough, but it felt really cumbersome to drive, it's massive. And yes, parking sensors are essential as the view out the back is like looking through a keyhole.

Not sure what 'mk' the i30 was Dum Dum, it was a 14 plate so I'm going to assume a mk2 though! It was a 1.6 diesel but I'm not sure what model spec it was. It went ok but just couldn't do inclines at all. It took everything that little engine had to get past a Range Rover Sport up a short hill after we caught him dawdling, then really struggled to overtake lol

Are 'bedding in maps' an actual thing then? I've always wondered that because a lot of the cars we hire feel nothing like the quoted figures. 9 times out of 10 I'm the passenger as my boss drives (he gets a hire car discount) so the first thing I do is read through the handbook in the glovebox. One of the most interesting things I read (out of a sea of boring-ness) was in the Kia Cee'd handbook. In the guidance section on airbags it actually advises you to not hit a tree or post with the middle of the car, as it may result in airbags not firing. Oh, and don't hit a truck if you can help it. At least, if you can't help it, definitely don't brake sharply because then there's a possiblity the airbags won't go off.

Sound advice from Kia!
Well i always thought Bedding in maps were a bit of a myth but with mine, it really was a case of after about 3000 miles, i switched it on once and it went so much better. Mine has no worries at all pulling up hills and overtaking but when i first got it, it felt substantially slower than my 100PS Octavia.
Pages: 1 2