306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Aligator in my car...wtf!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, not quite. Tongue

But what the hell is this lol? Confused

[Image: IMAG3475_zps7a01e63a.jpg]

That's the fuel pump flap btw, so you can see its pretty small (for now!). Only thing I can think of is a newt but not sure it is that tbh??

Tom
Is it still alive? Looks a bit like a newt but thought they lived in water/ponds not 306's lol.. If it is a newt.. pretty sure they're a protected species
Holy f*ck that is a newt!
A warm fuel pump and a damp carpet (306s aren't often watertight these days Tongue ) seem to be the ideal ground for whatever it is.

And yes its very much alive. I actually thought it was a dead slug at first glance, moved the hoover nozzle towards it and it moved...needless to say I pretty much shat myself haha.

Am I alright to just let it out in the woods across from our house then? Wasn't sure if it was some ferocious poisonous lizard that would have to be put down.... lmao
Near a pond would be best, or a reservoir?
turn it over and it will probably orange underneath...thus the orange bellied newt. and yes they are protected.

they like damp conditions, mainly ponds and lakes.

stick him ina tub of water for now, then take to neighbours pond or nearby lake
Ok then, we don't have any lakes round here tbh. Nan has a pond though, as does her neighbour. Will stick him in there tomorrow.
Its a pokemon... only 149 to go. Good luck.
'sey hallo to ma littal friend'

[Image: Fire-belly-newt-Image.jpg]

I love them, they will sit in ya hand for a pic too.

as said, put him in a bucket or tub of water for now, with some leaves for a hide and a rock for when he wants to breath!
(09-04-2014, 08:11 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Its a pokemon... only 149 to go. Good luck.

lol

(09-04-2014, 08:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]'sey hallo to ma littal friend'

as said, put him in a bucket or tub of water for now, with some leaves for a hide and a rock for when he wants to breath!

It must've been there for over a week at least, Im sure it'll be fine for tonight...
tom man just get some gloves on, and pick the fella up! he wont bite you at all, in fact it will play dead, as I have picked a couple up when I was a kid, put them in little deep ponds near to where we were playing and they would swim away happy as anything. be hungry like, or better still. keep it as a pet! call it harry.
(09-04-2014, 08:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]'sey hallo to ma littal friend'

If it's orange belly the yes they're protected, big field behind my house has loads, used to catch them as a kid.

Send it to mine in post I'll let out put on garden it'll find is way :-)
Guys, it's dead... Sad

Is a 'pond newt' apparently. No idea how it got in the car though!
You killed it!? You evil fucker!
Sad rip little newt
(09-04-2014, 08:56 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]You killed it!? You evil fucker!

Lol. Nah, it's crispy so been dead a while. Was sure it moved yesterday, but either the suction of the hoover or the whole carpet moved I guess.
*Casually checks under rear bench for reptiles*

Reminds me I need to get my mate George around and give the interior a once over (George is the wet vac, in case that wasn't so obvious!)
Yesterday haha. its taken you that long to move it! D:
RIP little fella! I think tom should get a 24hr ban for killing it Tongue
(09-04-2014, 09:18 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]*Casually checks under rear bench for reptiles*

Reminds me I need to get my mate George around and give the interior a once over (George is the wet vac, in case that wasn't so obvious!)

I need a wetvac again, took ages cleaning the estate by hand and nowhere near as good! It was really rank as well....thought the leather had come off the steering wheel as it was brown...turns out it was just so thick with shit you couldn't see the leather! Speechless Somehow missed the light and wiper switches though, so they're still caked in 10 years of dirt and skin..... I only drive the estate with gloves! lol

(09-04-2014, 09:29 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday haha. its taken you that long to move it! D:

I didn't know what to do with it, and been so busy I forgot about it until I just took some pics off my phone and saw that there lol. Took Mum to have a look at it (she likes reptiles) but it was a bit late haha.
(09-04-2014, 09:31 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]RIP little fella! I think tom should get a 24hr ban for killing it Tongue

This... get to work Rowell. :-)