306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bonnet Bra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,

bit long shot dont suppose anyone has a bonnet bra for a phase 3 for sale do they?

fitting my smoothed bonnet but peeled the sticks off and the paint is missing one side and i cant see point touching it up when car is being resprayed when i have the money..

many thanks

Dan
There's one in the for sale but.
(08-04-2014, 08:23 AM)turkish Wrote: [ -> ]There's one in the for sale but.

its sold mate and i have a smoothed bonnet aswell...
no, please dont.
(08-04-2014, 08:50 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]no, please dont.

its only temporary, its not ideal but i have paint missing off my bonnet and dont want it to rust..

only to go on until i get car resprayed then it shallc ome straight back off Tongue
wanky bonnet bra will take the rest of the paint off and make it worse.
(08-04-2014, 10:28 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]wanky bonnet bra will take the rest of the paint off and make it worse.

doesnt matter when whole car is being resprayed :p
I've found that bonnet bra's tend to hold water in them and then make them rust
Yeah they trap moisture, mine discoloured the vans bonnet back when it was silver
They do more damage than good!
(08-04-2014, 08:52 AM)mspdan Wrote: [ -> ]its only temporary, its not ideal but i have paint missing off my bonnet and dont want it to rust..

only to go on until i get car resprayed then it shallc ome straight back off Tongue

worst excuse ever :p
If it's only a temporary measure, stick some paint on the exposed areas. Will be cheaper and look better.
I've bought one, for the purpose of long journeys to save my painted smoothed bonnet Smile
I see bonnet bras up for sale quite a bit and my old car seems to be used most times in the thread. Mine never damaged the paint work , but only had it on when sunny and not very often
i have a smoothed badge bonnet bra well 3 in fact.
yes the do mist the lacquer up but when removed for a few days it goes back to normal. if people read the instructions your not meant to leave it on your car all the time.
As mine was for my show car what i did was only attach it at a show and way to/from a show then left it off when at home. had no problems at all. is annoying keep taking it on and off but its a 30sec job
£70 new you can have it for £35 + postage
Personal preference, tbh I've just done mine from corner to corner where bonnet meets wing with carbon cause of paint chips ect, does look pretty good tbh lpl
bit of thick clear vinyl, job done.

or as the americans call it, clearbra.