306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: VW Polo help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok this is a bit of a mystery.. The wife has an 01 Polo, when driving along there is a rubbing noise coming from the NSF wheel, it will gradually get worse up until it starts pulling the steering wheel and getting snatchy, it got so bad I thought the wheel was falling off. So pulled over into a car park, jacked it up and I can't find anything wrong. Wheel spins freely and smoothly, no noises, no sideways movement, nothing. Put it back on the floor, drove it and no noises or anything, back to normal!

Any idea what could cause this? Really confused right now.
Something caught in the brakes on that side?
Arch liner falling off probably.
Nope neither of those, I say that because apparently it's done it before on random occasions.
Wheel weights still on/ok? My mate's polo wheel weights kept hitting caliper had a similar issue
Didn't look at weights tbh. Might have a look.
(06-04-2014, 08:32 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't look at weights tbh. Might have a look.

It's really random if it's same issue but worth a check
Not sure if you would explain how it would be awful one minute then suddenly fine 10 minutes later, but yeah will have a closer look
(06-04-2014, 09:31 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you would explain how it would be awful one minute then suddenly fine 10 minutes later, but yeah will have a closer look

They have fell off making it fine Wink
Knackered driveshaft.
(08-04-2014, 06:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Knackered driveshaft.

That's the first thing I thought of tbh, might change it and see if it helps, can't imagine they are expensive.
100% driveshaft. Scary as hell isn't it?!