306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changing crank pulley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have got my new solid crank pulley now ready to change. I got all the arch covers out of the way.

I know on the altanator belt you loosen the black pulley tightness of the belt slack held in place to remove it.

Put the car in 5th gear and hold down the brakes to. When putting the crank pulley back in a line up and use thread seal on the bolt.

I'm using the same belt as its like new only changed a while ago. So can I just put everything back on and let the slack go tight back on the belt and thats it?

I read on if a different belt being used you need to a just the metal pulley. But I'm not changing the belt putting the same one back on?

306 hdi
Yeah thats it. Unless the belt is too tight on to go with just that tensioner slackened, in which case loosen the lower one off too.
(05-04-2014, 04:00 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: [ -> ]I have got my new solid crank pulley now ready to change. I got all the arch covers out of the way.

I know on the altanator belt you loosen the black pulley tightness of the belt slack held in place to remove it.

Put the car in 5th gear and hold down the brakes to. When putting the crank pulley back in a line up and use thread seal on the bolt.

I'm using the same belt as its like new only changed a while ago. So can I just put everything back on and let the slack go tight back on the belt and thats it?

I read on if a different belt being used you need to a just the metal pulley. But I'm not changing the belt putting the same one back on?

306 hdi

hi pete hows life in wrexham.....live in hope and die in caergwrle as my sis in law says......she's from gresford!

anyways im a gog!!

did you fit the lynx engineering solid aux drive crank pulley and how is it doing??

we will be doing motorway mid summer and must not break down, so need to sort this bloody thing now.

feedback on the pulley situation greatly appreciated.....thanks