306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bought a 206 Rolland Garros, opinions please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening guys, picked this up the other night. After some advice on service items etc.. Its a 1.6 16v (tu5jp4, same as 106 gti/saxo vts). Any idea what oil/spark plugs to use?

Also any advice on the 206? Anything i need to check for?

Thanks
(04-04-2014, 07:01 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Also any advice on the 206? Anything i need to check for?

Your handbag/makeup somewhere on the passenger footwell?
Btw, just a quick FYI, the engine is different from the TU5J4 in the 106/Saxo, the JP4 had naff cams, but massive head ports and bigger valves... The JP4 is also flybywire...

And yeah, ensure there are no scissors or combs flying about... Genuinely dangerous shit...
Asking what to check for after buying the car is a bit silly but if i were you I'd check for genetials in your trousers as I'm guessing that if you have bought a 206 Rolland Garros you don't have any, certainly not male ones at any rate.
Flol cheers so far guys, keep it coming.
I loved my old one Over there <.
Same as any Peugeot's really rear beam seat belt mouts Ect.
Chris.
I quite like them haha

If you care that much and can be bothered follow the tried and tested methods of the 16v 106 boys

The jp4 is far superior to the old j4, apart from like Ruan says, cams are a bit disappointing.

You can rectify by getting your hands on j4 engine, swapping over the cams and followers from the j4.

The jp4 has much larger valves and skirt jets, the rods also have press fittings which is kind of annoying if you ever wanted to take the engine apart

Fly by wire throttle also annoys me on these as the engine is too quick for it so slightly delayed when you're stamping on the throttle
The "worse" cams for emissions or something? or to make a more balanced power range?
please say it doesnt look like this?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

slightly nicer in this guise

[Image: 77605_1602oOXu0XaiA074.jpg]
Cheers so far. Getting some service bits ordered. Presume 5w40 is fine?

Haha yes the interior is lovely...
I usually like Roland Garros interiors, in like 205/106/306.....but in that it's bloody awful! lol

Hope you enjoy it anyway....or it serves its purpose at least haha.
Used to have a HDI, was a decent car. Only probs were beam, Seat subframe locking mechanism and A/C. Was very reliable even at 160hp ish ........ Smile
(04-04-2014, 08:30 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]The "worse" cams for emissions or something? or to make a more balanced power range?

Think it was to make it a more refined engine since it was used in a pretty large variety of psa cars (206,307,c4,c2 etc etc)

In this guise they're 107bhp while the old j4 (essentially the same engine) was 120bhp the main difference being the cams and inlet manifold. Jp4 is alot smoother to drive around in than the slightly savage j4

(04-04-2014, 08:48 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]please say it doesnt look like this?

Cream leather ftw! Comfy as f*ck that interior. Admittedly it does look a lot better in the flesh
It is seriously comfortable, i'm seriously falling for it. I may just keep it.
It's just that cream colour, tan wtf
I love this model...

Trying to convince the mrs to buy one, then I can xud it...then she can drive long distance hauls with me all comfy.

Love it mate
Piggy you want it? I only got it as a stop gap....
Rolland has been serving me very well indeed. The last 3 tanks have averaged between 41-43mpg, god knows how! I am genuinely shocked haha. Infact i may have fallen in love with it a bit...
Anyone want to buy this? Sad
(04-04-2014, 08:48 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]please say it doesnt look like this?

Cum-stain white or dog shit brown.

What a f*cking awesome choice.
Just lol