306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Standard headunit error code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm happy with my standard headunit as got a disc changer all connected up but after disconnecting the battery the error code has come up after putting what was the code given

Does Anyone know how I can sort this without paying out?
What unit do you have?

If you have the one with the tape in the dashboard and a separate CD changer you can work it out using the following code and the serial number which should be on a label stuck to the body of the unit itself (will need to remove it from the dashboard with release keys / something pointy and two flat items from the cutlery drawer)

Quote:In this case, you take the last 4 digits of the lower barcode, 3 1 1 6

You now simply add 1 to the first number, 2 to the second, 3 to the third and 4 to the fourth.

So:
3 + 1 = 4

1 + 2 = 3

1 + 3 = 4

6 + 4 = 10

Any number that ends up greater than 6 can't be entered on the radio, so you simply subtract 6 from it. So in the above example, the last number is 10, which can't be entered so 10 - 6 = 4

The code in this example is 4 3 4 4

If it has the CD slot in the dashboard (Clarion PU2294) then I think you've got no option but to pay up...
It's the standard Philips tape player but has error 4 so
Not letting me enter no more codes?
I think you may have to wait 24hours before you can try again...
Phillips?

I've only seen Clarion or Blaupunkt in 306s. Confused
It's a tape player
This is what I have on mine?
Anyone help me as tryining codes left right and centre and still not workin
Turns out the one in my estate is also Phillips lol... Looked for code today, thankfully someone had written it on the casing. That doesn't help you much though. Confused
i cant even remember which code it is, its like the last 4 digits of something

might be cheaper and easier to buy a cheap after market hu
Yeah a mates just dropped of 3 headunits to me to try, just useless when comes to wiring them up as can connect them up but for some reason never have the memory :/
You need to swap the permanent and swithed lives for an aftermarket radio! Its the red and yellow on the power connector. Or pink and white from the car side.
yep like tom said. most modern units come with bullet connectors to make this nice and easy
Dw sorted there's a matey on a money saving site who gives codes for free and got mine Smile
sweet deal, got a link for anyone in future?
Yeah you have to register first then in the motoring section it's in there but here's the link to take you straight there anyways
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show...7&page=793
nice one