306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The E30 Track car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Some of you special people will have already seen a sneak shot of this on facebook last night, but for the rest of you heres some proper photos I took of it this afternoon. Bearing in mind this is completely un cleaned after the 160 mile drive back in the drizzle lol

[Image: 6993661303_837deeb3dc_z.jpg]

[Image: 6847540074_b9d2263a87_z.jpg]

[Image: 6993663425_a94fb5c6aa_z.jpg]

[Image: 6847542354_64356919a7_z.jpg]

[Image: 6993665543_d147104ecb_z.jpg]

[Image: 6847544196_394b1273ea_z.jpg]

[Image: 6993667447_42a9fbb137_z.jpg]

[Image: 6993668251_cca836632f_z.jpg]

[Image: 6847546790_a59cdf8b23_z.jpg]

Drove up to sheffield to view/collect it with my dad yesterday afternoon and it turned out to be pretty much as it was advertised, so we bought it! He wanted £1000, but we settled on £860 in the end, which im happy with! Big Grin My and my dad have gone halves on it as it will be a shared track car sort of project. Fix a couple of bits up, modify some bits and then go driving Smile

'Spec' is as follows...

320i with a 325i M20 engine fitted last year (171bhp standard) with ECU chip
Original 2.0 gearbox with shorter ratios
Lowered 40mm on springs/shocks
17" Dymag racing wheels (Try and find another set of these for sale, I bet you cant lol )
Cobra buckets and harnesses
OMP steering wheel
Stripped interior
Welded diff
Powerflow stainless backbox

I love it! Big Grin
Pic fail?
Good pics Wink

Saw this on FB yesterday and thought "he's gone even gayer and gone from a VW to a BMW". Don't blame ya for a track car though.
f*cking flickr. I'll fix them after tea lol
WANT! D:
That is nice! Good find mate, did you have a fun drive home in it??
Cheers Mark. Was well worth the nearly 8 hours of driving lol. Unfortunately I drove the Bora back and my dad drove this Sad everytime we stopped for food/fuel he was grinning like a chesire cat though, can't wait to go for a spin ninja
That looks awesome. Id love an E30 324TDS 2dr but theyer rare as rocking horse shit.
The only reason I don't yet own something like this or an older BMW is that I don't think I can afford to be replacing rear tyres every week lol

I will keep watching for updates as it looks like it could be interesting Big Grin
You're seriously tracking it?

IMHO, sell the bora...
Drift daily ftw.
I concur with the above, far too tidy to be a track shlaaaag.
it looks in good condition. really to good condition to use as a track car..

i guess getting replacement parts will be a PITA..
Way to tidy for a track car, entire point of a dedicated track car is to not have to worry about anything about it...Id be scared about parking that let alone tracking it, looks in fantastic condition....

But anyway, more to the point...

When you dropping a derv 6 pot in? Wink tehe
Love it Dan. A said looks too tidy to track slag/tramp drift IMHO. Looks a bargain!
Such a bargain. Why not buy an interior for it, sell it on for a profit and use the monies to buy a less tidy example and sort it for track use??
It looks A LOT tidier in them photos than it does in person. Its got its fair share of car park/trolley dents, a few rusty bubbling areas and some lacquer peel. Its not in bad condition considering its 24 years old but its not mint by a long shot.

And I would totally LOVE something like this as a daily, but insurance is killer, fuel consumption is very poor (seen 12mpg so far lol ) and its not going to get used properly on the queens highways by me, I'm pretty strict with speed limits! Haha. Should be great fun on track though Smile
Lol, forgot to upload this photo yesterday cus I took it on my phone not my camera...

[Image: Broadland-20120318-01402.jpg]

Its a bit hard to make out, but the right hand side section which goes quite far down had a load of bottles in it, coolant/oil/PAS fluid etc. We took them out and found a nice puddle in the bottom Confusedhock: It could be from one of the coolant bottles leaking, but it did just look like water/rain! Good job we noticed that or it would have eaten through the metal pretty easily....
Where is your battery Dan?

I know on my bro's old E36 it was in the boot in the same position..
If you are standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay, its in the rear left/drivers side corner. That compartment in the boot does look quite battery sized and shaped though :think:
Very noice! Needs a M50/M52 6 Pot though Tongue
Or a turbo ninja
Fap fap fap! Fexking Hawkins mate!!
ahhhhhhh . . i just did a sex wee . . . . . .See Dan, it's not all grim up North . .Big Grin
Dan! Wrote:Or a turbo ninja

m50/m52 lumps take up to 600bhp on standard internals.... ninja
Cheers ginge lol

And thanks Matt, im still not convinced though lol When we got about 2 miles away from sheffield it felt like we had suddenly driven back in time 30 years lmao (No offence Padge/Jenkosowls), but maybe I only saw its bad side? Tongue

Danny, we'l look into it ninja The plan is to buy a spare engine when we can afford it anyway, and get it rebuilt ready for when the M20 goes bang lol
That is mega, a mate of mine has a E30 2.5 sport with LDS and all the shiz, he is a wetty and dont drift though Sad
Narr i'm just on about the car mate . . . Sheffield is a hole . . lmao . . . . . it's lovely round where i live though .Wink
Dan! Wrote:Cheers ginge lol

And thanks Matt, im still not convinced though lol When we got about 2 miles away from sheffield it felt like we had suddenly driven back in time 30 years lmao (No offence Padge/Jenkosowls), but maybe I only saw its bad side? Tongue

Danny, we'l look into it ninja The plan is to buy a spare engine when we can afford it anyway, and get it rebuilt ready for when the M20 goes bang lol

IIRC my bro still has a complete E36 325i sat in his garage which i think he's breaking... ninja
Ed_van_Dijk Wrote:That is mega, a mate of mine has a E30 2.5 sport with LDS and all the shiz, he is a wetty and dont drift though Sad

Yeah an LSD is something we might look into. Its got a welded diff atm and it certainly makes it interesting round corners Confusedhock:

Mattcheese31 Wrote:Narr i'm just on about the car mate . . . Sheffield is a hole . . lmao . . . . . it's lovely round where i live though .Wink

lmao

Would have been good to meet up with a few of you locals but we were pushed for time as it was, didnt get home til 10.30pm and we left before 2pm :nope:
Pages: 1 2 3 4