306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: rear brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pic of rear n/s braike with shield etc removed, what would be the max air gap between the sensor and the rotor "teeth"?? the abs light now comes on as the 2 rear abs sensors are disconnected.... the second pic shows the corroded shields

I will test the sensors for resistance and offer up values obtained....but a spec would be of help.

will test for meter fluctuation when rotor is turned also.........
unsure on the air gap and i havent got abs so i cant check for you but to test the sensor,

Unplug the sensor, put your mulitimeter on the pins and set it to vAC and slowly turn the wheel. Everytime a raised part of the ring on the hub passes the sensor, you should get a small voltage. if not or if you just have a constant voltage, they are fooked and need replacing.

i suppose you can play with the air gap till you get a decent reading or no reading if you'd like but most cars ive worked on dont have adjustable height sensors
thanks dan will do and post back findings.

was wanting air gap max value as front abs ring is well corroded............will do same test on them after rears are back together.

brilliant forum, will sort a/c less aux belt too and see if that gets rid if the squeak.