306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: My S16 & other arrangements of cars [photo heavy]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, heres a brief background before I overload you with my projects Smile

So I've just brought an S16... which means I've now got 3 phase 1 306's... a 1.4 8v, a french XSI (donor car) and now the S16.

Oh and I also a Jag XJS v12 manual Smile

I'll kick it off with all people want, PHOTOS!

This is the original 'beast' - 1.4 8v SPi of pure power
[Image: Image400.jpg]

So she was freshly washed, put on Cyclones and given some angel eyes...
[Image: IMG_1360.jpg]

decided to lower & fix my exhaust... probably a site we're all used to haha
[Image: IMG_4561.jpg]

hen i broke my gear box and brought an XSI which had been in a crash...
[Image: IMG_3647.jpg]

Took it apart and promptly found out the gearbox wouldn't fit, got the lowered rear beam & bigger brakes off it...
[Image: IMG_3670.jpg]

So brought the front end of a citroen Xsara VTS, nicked the gearbox & again larger brakes... plan was to swap the 1.6 16v but never got round to it (couldn't be arsed with the wiring)
[Image: IMG_3988.jpg]

Then as a graduation present I brought myself a Jaguar XJS 5.3ltr v12 manual Smile
[Image: 470558_3604740850207_308392004_o.jpg]

my two cars Smile
[Image: 411164_3604761930734_410249582_o.jpg]

but came to the realisation that getting her to run will probably take a bit longer than expected due to kicking out the last tenant...
[Image: 459962_3604779251167_194555910_o.jpg]

Then brought this new girl
[Image: AA05CE4F-52D8-4D68-80DF-AA8222D64FC2_1.jpg]

and promptly broke it... theres a knocking in the engine with FA compression in cyl.2 assumed it was a dropped valve so what else do you do with a new car hey...
[Image: 82A77204-193B-4754-B87A-0BF1D6912DAA.jpg]

thats right you completely dismantle it!!!
[Image: 6C9693B3-81DC-48E1-B9F9-1F80C248530A.jpg]

Now after the brief show, plenty of history in all the cars... Heres a cheeky photoshop of how she'll end up...[Image: AA1A9FD6-55D8-4637-8B73-8A982153F845.jpg]
( may not de-badge the front as looks a bit too chav for my liking...)

But i'll get my angel eyes over, set of challengers, tint the rears & fronts...

*Update*
Well I've got the head off but all valves seem to be fine, next step is to remove all the valves, check & reseat (may get a 'valve guy' to check them on a lathe)

Just ordered a gti-6 exhaust & inlet manifold as the vacuum pipes to the S16 inlet have broken and it was an absolute arse trying to work around the massive bulk!
(dw also got the heat shield and matrix pipes just encase!)
I may go de-cat as thats on my current 1.4 and she pops and bangs nicely, don't fancy loosing that :L and I may try and fit a short-shift kit

If any has any ideas as why there was a rattle, sounded like a bolt in the engine, and low compression, and it was struggling to turn over please let me know!
Going to whip of the sump and check out the bottom next week, fingers crossed!!

oh forgot to add.. the S16 has a river of electrical problems as well, but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it haha
IMO, Cyclones / Arianes > Challengers. The 17s just look a little too big for me.

The front end looks good, one mod you might prefer if the debadge isn't for you is to fit an S2 106 front grille badge (filled lion rather than outline).

PS. Leave the angels on eBay Wink
Clones and 40mm drop simple but effective Smile

Nice hord of french cars you have there,and ocourse the jaggggg lol
that Jag is sweeet, but what on earth is in that bay?!
I'm guessing acorns from a squirrel that may have eaten a lot of wiring lol
Yuup Grant got it in one, some bloody squirrel! and i saw a field mouse in it the other day, the engine turns over but theres a big old electric tick/ground issues and i don't think the fuel pump works, so it needs some work!

hmm I can't tell whether to keep cyclones & drop it or try the 17's... think i'll buy some 17's try them then I can always revert back to the cyclones, they need a refurb though!!
I'll have a look at the 106 grill ...
Excellent collection Tongue

that jag... im in love Big Grin

i actually really like that photoshop of the S16!
I would love a sigma S16. It needs the proper sport front bumper though.

The Photoshop of it looks good apart from the front in my opinion. Leave the standard lights and the badge on the grill and get a sport bumper and then your onto a winner Smile
Matt, it's amazing, sat outside my front door Smile will be 1000x better when she's up and running in TWR livery Smile thanks, it was a quick photoshop so as frosty said the front with the lights isn't the greatest lol

Frosty, What's the sport front bumper? Have you got a photo handy?
Well had a bit of an issues today... On the way to work & I hear a scratch filled by some grinding, I decide to hobble back home, get most the way then I lose all brakes!!!

Turns out the bracket that holds the brake line in place had come loose & my brake line was rubbing against my wheel Sad

[Image: 3y8u3agy.jpg]

That's a dirty pad & disk, cleaned up with lots of spirit & petrol, fingers crossed Smile
[Image: nu4yga9e.jpg]

*Finished the job & realised I ran out of 4Dot, will have to wait to see if my cleaning has worked lol
Have a look at my S16 project thread. The sport bumper is a bit lower and different fogs
Ahh, Is it the one that's on my white XSI...

[Image: IMG_3647.jpg]

I can get that sprayed & put on ASAP Smile
I noticed the previous owner has used copper pipe for the power steering so swapping the bumper would give me the chance to replace it back to factory pipework Smile
Yeah looks like the 1 on the white 1