306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 Number 11...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
....f*cked already!

That's what I get a buying newer, low miler I guess. lol

[Image: IMAG3338_zps4d5e8c4d.jpg]

So yeah, bought this for a very good price from ebay the other day, with the plan to fix up or break. Went to move it from the drive onto the grass, first it cut out on the drive after white smoking a lot (possibly steam but smelt dieselly), took it round the front, hit 3k and felt like a jerky hard cut limiter, let off throttle and it cut out again. Started up fine, stuck it in reverse to back onto the grass and it died, turns over but wont start. Sad No diag light or codes stored. Just waiting for the PP2k laptop to charge so can check it with that. Had to tow it back onto the grass with the 1.8 lol, handy having spare 306s around! lol

I'm guessing lift pump tbh... Its definitely something fuel related anyway.

So basically just a warning to anyone buying a HDi on ebay...rag the f*ck out of it before you leave the sellers house, just in case. Wink

Tom
Was it as a breaker Tom?
(26-03-2014, 06:57 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Was it as a breaker Tom?

Nah, the intention was to fix it. I was told plastic temp sensor housing broken (which I have a spare), crunched wing (easy to replace) and the drivers seat foam escaping. Apart from that it would just be a clean and tidy and sell it on. Looks like it'll be a breaker now though haha.
My god your worse than me sure you have had 4 306s in the space of a couple of month?
1.8 - 11/02
DTurbo breaker - 09/03
C2Ks DTurbo - 15/03
HDi estate - 24/03

Oops... lol Banning myself from ebay gumtree now. Wink

Tempted to become a wheeler dealer lol....cars are the only thing I'm not completely shit at. lol
Haha Tom, you're worse than me!

Buy all the china's! Haha
Indeed....after a china 3 door breaker if im honest lol, running out of space though! lol
Running out of space? I feel your pain
your going to have to take on the moto " buy all the 306's"
Can you buy Diablo next time you get a breaker? Wink
Bad luck mate Sad

Guessing you did nt go view it before buying?how was it sold I.e running,spares and repairs?
1 more and you equal my 12
Christ dum dum have you been practicing your key stage 1 maths again? Wink
(26-03-2014, 08:02 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Running out of space? I feel your pain

Yeah man. Sad Mum recently had the fence done....I did ask if they could make a car size gate in it to store cars round the back but that idea didn't go down too well haha.

(26-03-2014, 08:05 PM)306Dan Wrote: [ -> ]your going to have to take on the moto " buy all the 306's"

Indeed I am!

(26-03-2014, 08:20 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Can you buy Diablo next time you get a breaker? Wink

Possibly, getting bored of breaking moonstones. lol

(26-03-2014, 08:23 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Bad luck mate Sad

Guessing you did nt go view it before buying?how was it sold I.e running,spares and repairs?

Yeah, non-runner, spares and repairs, didn't bother viewing as I'm terrible at viewing cars. I only paid just over scrap value for it though, so not fussed tbh. Has made me think a bit more about buying cars with no history from ebay though!

(26-03-2014, 08:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]1 more and you equal my 12

Hmm, wonder who owned the most? I know Raz has/had loads lol.

Anyway, just got Planet on it....seems it's not a fuel issue, but cam/crank sync.

[Image: IMAG3341_zps42964d73.jpg]

BSi was moaning about a lock....that's all 3 306s I've tested with lock faults now....think it's just standard lol

[Image: IMAG3342_zps3d9ae50b.jpg]

But this the engine side...

[Image: IMAG3343_zpsc279639a.jpg]

Cleared the codes, looked at the live stream and said 'yes' to cam/crank sync....

[Image: IMAG3344_zps8a7a02bb.jpg]

So started it up... Idled fine as before, but sticks at 3.5k again, that's foot to the floor btw. Then cut out shortly after the vid, and wouldn't start again so I gave up for tonight lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9OKJnz5...e=youtu.be

Do we reckon its just a sensor fault? I'm assuming cam/crank cant actually be out as it idles ok and runs fine until 3k ish.
Ah thats ok then still if sell a few panels,wheels then scrap it you should still make a nice profit Smile
Yeah. Big Grin

Still want it running though, so I know which engine parts are worth selling!
Hmm, confused now! Confused
Went out to it this morning, it fired up straight away! Revved round to the redline couple of times no problem, idled fine.

Left it idling while I went to the garage and it cut out and won't start again, cam/crank sync fault again.

Obviously they are in sync. And surely sensors can't cause an intermittent fault like that? I replaced the frank sensor for a good one and removed, cleaned, replaced cam sensor and no difference. Any ideas as I need to move it to harder ground for breaking tbh.
And i thought i was bad for buying 306s haha
had similar issues with a 2.0 hdi 206 I had turned out water was getting on the ecu pins messing things up cleaned the pins up doused in wd40 and put the ecu cover back on and has been fine ever since
(27-03-2014, 12:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I replaced the frank sensor for a good one and removed,

Think your problem is the "frank" sensor!
(27-03-2014, 05:23 PM)ash23 Wrote: [ -> ]had similar issues with a 2.0 hdi 206 I had turned out water was getting on the ecu pins messing things up cleaned the pins up doused in wd40 and put the ecu cover back on and has been fine ever since

Hmm, will check that tomorrow. It's a 3 plug ECU so doesn't have the shower cap... lol

However, due to the temp sensor popping out and leaking all over the top of the gearbox, I'm suspecting bigger loom issues around that area now tbh... It threw up a fuel pressure fault code earlier randomly. Still cant work out why its fine the first time but 10 minutes later and the rest of the day its not.

(27-03-2014, 05:40 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-03-2014, 12:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I replaced the frank sensor for a good one and removed,

Think your problem is the "frank" sensor!

Haha. lol Makes a change for it to be me making autocorrect fails instead of you Kent! Big Grin
Haha had to make the most of it tom! :-)