306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ph3 headlights in ph2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of putting phase 3 headlights in my phase 2. After looking at a few threads I've gathered that the headlight adjuster motors are different. Does this mean I have to take the adjuster off my ph2 light and put them onto the ph3 ones? If so how hard is this..

Also due to the phase 3 lights using H7 bulbs will the full beam work simultaneously with the dipped beam? or will I need a phase 3 stalk as someone has briefly touched upon this on a different forum but not gave much info.
I think if you use your current stalk it will just put full beam on but if you get a ph3 stalk when you put full beam on dipped beam stays on too someone will correct me if I'm wrong

The adjusters just twist out
The adjusters are simple enough to swap over from memory they twist off the headlight and then pop out of the reflector - be careful though I snapped on of mine pulling it out

If you want the main and dipped on at the same time you'll need a twin optic stalk some ph2s came with them probably on the higher specced stuff gtis and the like
Ah sweet, how big of a job is it to change stalks? I'll try with current stalk first if this fails chances are ill get a phase 3 twin optic stalk as I want both dipped and full beam to work simultaneously
If your stalk is twin optic then it will bring both lights on on your ph2 lights aswell.

Changing the stalk is easy, 3 T20 torx screws to take off the steering column surround , unplug the stalk, and there are 2 torx screws holding the stalk in (either t10 or t15 not sure which)
Seems easy enough thanks bud Smile
Lights are now installed still using my old stalk until i find a twin optic one cheap enough.. Just wondering do phase 3 306's have the horn on the stalk like phase 2's?
Yes, they do. Smile
See my thread guide on how to make your single optic stalk into a twin optic Smile

Alternatively PM me as you can have my twin optic stalk for £5 plus postage Smile