306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Flickering airbag light...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know its a common problem, but am still trying to sort it....
Have re-done the connections under the seats, still happening.
cannot find any breaks in the wires...
Could it be the sensors? Or the actual airbag?
not had this before, so hoping someone has experienced this?
When you say flickering, do you mean sometimes it on and sometimes not or its actually a flickering light? Generally the airbag ecu will only do a system check on start up so anything that happens in that time will only show up after the car is turned off and on again. If the light is flickering, id suggest you have a earth back feeding somewhere or another issue with the wiring to the light.
(22-03-2014, 09:40 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]When you say flickering, do you mean sometimes it on and sometimes not or its actually a flickering light? Generally the airbag ecu will only do a system check on start up so anything that happens in that time will only show up after the car is turned off and on again. If the light is flickering, id suggest you have a earth back feeding somewhere or another issue with the wiring to the light.

Well sometimes its off...sometimes its on...and the rest of the time it is flashing intermitently...
after re-doing the conections, it was off untill the passenger seat was moved, and then it was back to its old tricks...
so possibly a make break contact somewhere???????
My airbag light does this too... Only mines flickering constantly. Have taken the car to the garage and they weren't sure what was wrong with it. They want the car back again to have another look. Will let you know what it is when they find out
I know you've said you've done them, but the connections under the seat, they were faulty on mine.
Even cleaning the contacts and clicking them in hard the light would still come on, a guy here has a picture where he has 'tightened' the connection inside by bending the metal in on itself with a pin, I did that and now mine are fine. Perhaos look at those under seat connections again?
I have the same. Constant flash. Its defo not the seat cus I changed them for meridian half leather and the connections are solid. It was flashing before and still is after.
(01-04-2014, 03:43 PM)HD-Aye! Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same. Constant flash. Its defo not the seat cus I changed them for meridian half leather and the connections are solid. It was flashing before and still is after.

Mines flashing and it the airbag squib behind tge steering wheel hope this helps.
Squib?