306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: another gti6 not starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bloody car has done it again...

was running perfect! Tuesday morning went to car started it up to find where power steering is leaking (but didn't touch anything). shut the car off and come back to it later on after getting rear caliper from scrap yard. fitted rear caliper, bled the brakes then went to start the car to test the brakes but car wouldn't start.

ignition is coming on, engine is turning over, fuel pump is priming, were getting fuel to the injectors but the spark plugs are dry.

weve tried changing fuel pump relay but no difference, checked the fuel cut of switch a thousand times, checked all fuses and relays, changed batteries in keyfob so we could turn alarm off but that was never a problem before and weve even tried using easy start but still not firing.

going to get diagnostics on it soon as I find where it is.

anyone else have any ideas what it could be? someone might of had something similar.
I think it could be crank sensor and ill be changing that in the morning for one of the other gti6 (hopefully its a working one).

could do with it sorted asap as car is booked for mot on Saturday.
Sounds stupid, and might not relate, I had starting issues with mine when my fuel filter came loose. It would crank etc but that's all wouldn't fire
Crankshaft sensor or map sensor
(20-03-2014, 06:56 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds stupid, and might not relate, I had starting issues with mine when my fuel filter came loose. It would crank etc but that's all wouldn't fire

will keep that in mind, I thought blocked filter before we started but were getting fuel.
(20-03-2014, 06:58 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Crankshaft sensor or map sensor

cheers niall like I say I was thinking crank sensor as well. will give it a try tomorrow, been a while since ive fingered something tight so will be fun!
did you loose the Immo chip in the key when you changed the battery in the fob?
(20-03-2014, 07:08 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]did you loose the Immo chip in the key when you changed the battery in the fob?

don't think so... whats it look like?
small black chip is normaly wedged into the key fob body

[attachment=14457]
that little black bit there?
yes small black chip between the key blade points
I dont think I've ever seen that in there tbh. Will get it open soon.

If I havnt for that how can I go about getting one and making it work to the car? Will be recoding wont it?
Think you're right there.
Locked ecu caused by the immo chip being lost.
Cully I think you might be a legend! I swapped case on key for the better one I had lying around. Immobiliser chip is still there. On way to garage now to try it.

Cully I owe you a drink at fcs! What ever your having!

I changed case on key while changing batteries... Undecided
Yep the chip is a big problem. my mate was throwing his dads ford galaxy key around and it split in half and he lost the chip. bastard never started!
(20-03-2014, 10:12 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Yep the chip is a big problem. my mate was throwing his dads ford galaxy key around and it split in half and he lost the chip. bastard never started!

Never even saw it or crossed my mind. Undecided as you can imagine I felt a dick :-)
(20-03-2014, 10:37 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Never even saw it or crossed my mind. Undecided as you can imagine I felt a dick :-)

your not the first to loose the immo chip
and im sure you wont be the last

just a good job you didn't bin the fob shells Wink
(21-03-2014, 06:21 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2014, 10:37 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Never even saw it or crossed my mind. Undecided as you can imagine I felt a dick :-)

your not the first to loose the immo chip
and im sure you wont be the last

just a good job you didn't bin the fob shells Wink

Tell me about it they was in the boot of the 6.Undecided

At fcs I'll come and get you a drink :-) Cheers