306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
wasn't actively looking to buy a '6, but this popped up on Facebook one night, not even for sale, just a guy wanting to know what it was worth or if anyone was interested in swapping for something different..

Anyway it caught my interest as it would have been rude not to arrange a viewing on a tidy looking gti6 only a couple of miles away from my house.

Viewed it a few times over a week then made him a cash offer of £650 which he accepted, so here it is. My bargain of the year :-)

1999 Peugeot 306 gti6 (registered in Coventry at Peugeot)

Nile blue, 130k, almost full Peugeot history, then maintained by the same garage here in Hereford for the last 5 years

Quite an interesting car, registered between September 1999 and March 2000 so an early phase 3, BUT with a seemingly random selection of ph2 leftovers from the end of production

Ph3 shell, so bootlid, bumpers, skirts, dashboard top airbag, ph3 engine, crystal headlights, spoiler, ph3 gti6 boot badge

And random ph2 bits: side strips, seats, infrared remote central locking, dash clocks, orange side repeaters, gti6 door badges, frosted lens fogs.

[attachment=14318]

[attachment=14319]

Anyway, what's going on with it now that I've bought it.

The rear beam Needs changing as the bearings are shot. Not a problem, I have a low mileage gti6 beam already

It needs a decent service, oil and filters, spark plugs, coolant flush, new brake pads and rear discs, wishbone on passenger side just for my own peace of mind, new balljoints and tre.

Just working through I all at the moment getting ready to insure and tax it in readiness for summer

What I've been upto over the last week
[attachment=14320]
[attachment=14321]
[attachment=14322]
Still to do, swap the beam, service stuff, tax then enjoy :-)

Aiming for a immaculate Oem+ gti6, nothing too crazy (yet)
Looks good mate, not enough pic though..
(15-03-2014, 07:47 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good mate, not enough pic though..

Yeah, it hasn't really been out of the unit yet haha
Looks good Zakk, you Peugeot horder!
Not sure I like the pro race wheels....hmmm
Wondered when you where going to start a thread

1.2's look great.planning on taking this or the rallye the FCS?
Looking good mate another good car for the collection bet its hard to decide which one got what show. I reckon the 6 for pugfest hill climb Smile
Erm I think it's just going to be a case of whatever car is around at the time haha

Ideally I'd like the rallye ready for Pugfest but I don't know if that will happen due to how much I've still got to buy for it...

Gotta be perv for a hill climb though :-)
funds are pretty low at the moment, so spent some time om Sunday fitting a gti6 splitter like it's meant to have and cleaning up some rear brake calipers :-)

[attachment=14368]
[attachment=14369]

Looks way better
Looking really good so far!
Looks like it could do with a pair of foglights.
(17-03-2014, 10:43 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Looking really good so far!

Yeah I'm hoping to find a mint bumper soon then get hold of some new crystal lens fogs. The reflectors of the frosted ones currently aren't doing much reflecting haha
You can get them new on ebay quite cheap bud.. The fogs I mean
(17-03-2014, 10:54 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]You can get them new on ebay quite cheap bud.. The fogs I mean

The depo ones? I was hoping you could still get them new :-)
(17-03-2014, 10:46 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-03-2014, 10:43 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Looking really good so far!

Yeah I'm hoping to find a mint bumper soon then get hold of some new crystal lens fogs. The reflectors of the frosted ones currently aren't doing much reflecting haha

I've got a pretty good condition pair of crystal fogs on my dead ph.2 thinking about it actually. Not got a use for them anymore. Sad
They've got a few glass chips in the kerbside one from memory but that's it.
Can be clear or tinted yellow if you like.
Pictured here (post 13 if it doesn't directly link), ignore frosted lights it had recently been crashed into:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-20611-po...#pid380645

Really freshens up the front end! Not sure when I'll have access to the car to remove them in case you do want them but have a think Smile Got them cheaply so happy to let them go to a good home for a nice price if you do.
Time to fit an XUD
(17-03-2014, 01:26 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Time to fit an XUD

Neverrrrrrr :-P
Oh wow that IS cheap.
Not much being going on this month due to a combination of being busy and no money this month, but payday isn't far off so hopefully get most of it sorted :-)

Need to pick up all the service parts, oil and filters, sparkplugs, gear oil, mintex brake pads, rear discs.

Also need new Wishbones, change the front struts and put my eibach lowering springs on, fit replacement rear beam along with some brand new uprated shocks and solid rear beam mounts.

Find a nice exhaust

Fit rallye aux belt setup, remove all the aircon stuff (broken anyway)

It doesn't NEED any of this stuff really, I could just tax it and drive it now, but figure while the weather is still a bit undecided I'll build it up to a standard I'm happy with then hopefully it'll last the summer with no major issues :-)

And a picture just because there aren't many on this thread yet

[attachment=14623]
That exactly what im doing with the astor.No point driving it/wasting my road tax when its always raining and cold.

Magnex and decat ftw
Bwappp bwap bwap bwap braaaaaawppp!

You need some tyre shine mate, or poundland black spray paint (same thing if not better. Tongue ).
I wish I could keep working on mine taking time, but im without a car. I dont exactly need a car though so wont get driven much, will keep the work happening...
(25-03-2014, 01:59 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Bwappp bwap bwap bwap braaaaaawppp!

You need some tyre shine mate, or poundland black spray paint (same thing if not better. Tongue ).

I'll be swapping the tyres over from my other set of 16" wheels, I don't particularly want ditch finder's on the gti6 haha

Might try how it looks on some 205 speedlines since I have 2 sets and loads of decent tyres in that size.
Hmmm
Speedlines look good on most 306's I've seen providing they're low enough.

Not sure on nile though.
(25-03-2014, 02:09 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Speedlines look good on most 306's I've seen providing they're low enough.

Not sure on nile though.

It'll be dropped 60mm, got a set in anthracite and a set in gloss black.

But I'll probably stick with the team dynamics tbh, they suit it down to the ground
(25-03-2014, 02:12 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be dropped 60mm, got a set in anthracite and a set in gloss black.

But I'll probably stick with the team dynamics tbh, they suit it down to the ground

I've always been a major fan of the dynamics in 16" tbh.
Couple of new bits for the '6

Brand new in box Citroën Zx 16v rear shocks

Original phase 3 cd player, can't really see myself bothering with music when I have epic bwarps as a soundtrack and I hate the look of aftermarket head units. Oem ftw, also means that the cd changer now works :-)

Hopefully my new brake pads and discs turn up soon

[attachment=14635]
[attachment=14636]
So are the breaks any good on the 6, could they fit MYA as she currently has HDI ones

Ha ha bet you have boxes and boxes of bits now Smile

Oh and clones ftw on the standard 6 Smile
(25-03-2014, 09:30 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]So are the breaks any good on the 6, could they fit MYA as she currently has HDI ones

Ha ha bet you have boxes and boxes of bits now Smile

Oh and clones ftw on the standard 6 Smile

Yeah I definitely rate gti6 brakes as a decent upgrade from hdi 266mm, made a really big difference on my estate :-)

I like cyclones, but sick to death of seeing them haha
Sounds like I may be digging deeper in my pockets when I visit you next weekend... lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35