306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hitachi L37V01U standby fault 17PW20 v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thought id have a go at making a little cash
so ive bought a 37" hitatchi lcd for £25 that wont power up

have done some testing and the powersupply is out!

so now to get to component level
is this the one you posted on facebook? lol
Dont know but f*ck me that's a right lash up in there, was going to say have you checked the internal fuses but then remembered who's thread this was
mark_airey Wrote:is this the one you posted on facebook? lol

the one i posted on FB was a bush which had a simialar fault which i repaired for a m8,
that cost a whole £4 in components and heat paste to repair
ha ha found a schmatic for the PSU
Cully your killing me here. Maybe Iam missing something being on my phone? Wtf is it
Is that a map of the underground?
lmao its the diagram for the power supply in the 37" lcd tv im trying to repair!
Ah yes, I understand it a whole lot better now you've explained that. Honest. lmao
fuckin hell, cully! how did you learn how to fix this stuff?
self taught mostly but google is king Wink
basic knowledge of how stuff works and hours of ripping broken stuff apart to see how it works
Argh, lots of wires! Confusedhock: looks like the stereo wires in my old 1.8 tbh lol! lmao
have stripped out the PSU and desoldered the likly culprits
2x 15nF 1000v capacitors ive measured them and they are open circuit

searching for replacements ebay has come up with a repairkit for the power board

so will do them all when it arrives
£4.80 delivered
cully Wrote:self taught mostly but google is king Wink
basic knowledge of how stuff works and hours of ripping broken stuff apart to see how it works

you cannot beat self taught! i did repair our house alarm twice. once me dad decided to f*ck about with cable trunking and cut a main wire. told me mum "oh the alarms gone off" after he decided to gaffer tap the wires back together. so while he was at work, and my mum going off in a one about the alarm. as she saw his bit repair. i said i will solder the wires back and ask the fourm if any sparkys are on there. did a post and i was told what fuses to check and change. with in an hr we had a working alarm. also he blew a senor too so i swopped that for a new one too. not bad for someone whos never even played with stuff like that.
also i sorted the internal battary too as that died, my mum had replaced it but the system was still down. i told her to switch the power off in the house and i budged the ends of the battary. full system came to life again.
saved a fare few quid again Smile
Everything these days is made with cheap, shit capacitors wherever possible.

Fucks me right off. The amount of DECENT equipment chucked away due to failed caps is unreal.
That's why I'm doing laptops ATM. The amount in buying just because it needs new keyboards, a screen inverter or just dead memory. I bought 4 ylod ps3 for £30 from a lad that thought he knew what he was doing. And I've fixed them and sold them £80 each. And still have plenty I'd parts for them.
ow oow guess what Smile

no i havenot got a MX5!

i have got the telly working though!!

he he haha!

im still waiting for some components to attempt a repair on the powersupply
as its not a simple capacitor replacement job
but ive found a working PSU on ebay ! bonus!!!!!
Gunna start selling these before too long?
my head hurts...

and how much for that telly now ninja
oooow £150 its yours
Paul, you sir are a very clever chap! Even self teaching myself to do something like that I know full well I would get mighty pissed off and bored with it lol!
Fair play fella! Know anything about ps3s? Are they worth fixing a ylod one?
Bananalad Wrote:Fair play fella! Know anything about ps3s? Are they worth fixing a ylod one?

Peice of piss off you know what your at bud, it's only reflowing a couple of bga's
Well done cully iv done this a few times, quite easy once you know what your looking for and can make a fair few quid, but doing it all day does get boring sometimes lol
just a little update
the tv is working now on its original power supply!
as ive repaired that to component level

replaced 2 mosfet chips and it burst into life Smile
for anyone interested the mosfets are a fast switch which turn 350vdc back into rough AC before being converted into the many rail voltages in a TV

price break down
faulty tv £25
capacitors £4.80
Mosfets £6.30
Replacment power supply £29.99

i should be able to sell the PSU i bought from ebay
to recoupe some of that money

but if i dont a working 37" HD lcd tv for £67 aint to bad.....

down side is now the kids want it in their bedrooms

il just add a few key words so google bot will draw people here
Psu repair kit for the 17pw series of vestel power supply
17PW20 v2
Hitachi L37V01U A standby fault
Q814, Q813, Mosfet STP9NK50ZFP
C877, C878, 15nF 1000v
IC829, 78L05
C817, 220µF 25v
C801, 33µF 50v
C901, 4,7µF 50v
C892, 100µF 50v
just sold the telly via facebook for £150
cully Wrote:just sold the telly via facebook for £150

WINNING lol
well done! Im doing a fault finding module on my university course. What i find more difficult than anything is setting up the circuit with a crap diagram :/