306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Horrendous misfire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today I fitted a GTi-6 inlet manifold to my 2.0 xsi cabby, slightly bodged the ICV (i.e. it's not going to work, just shoved it in) but she ran fine with a slightly high idle.

Went up to the forest, a bit of hooning here and there, and suddenly developed a misfire which instantly cleared up (apply more revs, no f*cks given)

It got steadily more frequent and worse each time but now it's permanent and pretty much undriveable. It's smooth and happy on the overrun though, so I'm fairly confident it's a misfire rather than a valve dropped. That's how bad it sounds though Sad

So before I rip the whole thing off and go back to the stock manifold, does anyone have any experience to throw in? I can get a video if needed.
misfire under all loads?

surely a sparkplug or lead....or an injector at fault?
Did you replace the inlet gasket??
Did you do the ecu reset?
Yeah James it's at all times, I did the inlet gasket but not the ecu reset though, is that just a case of disconnecting the battery overnight?
(08-03-2014, 06:17 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Did you do the ecu reset?

It wouldn't have started and ran fine if he didn't.

It could be a something funky going on in the dispack. You got any spark plug testers?
I have a new set of plugs I could chuck at it and see what happens..

Thing is, I'll inevitably end up xud'ing it anyway so I'm more tempted to put everything back to stock.
I'd sort out the ICV before anything else personally, if its getting more air than it thinks it won't be running right.
(08-03-2014, 06:43 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a new set of plugs I could chuck at it and see what happens..

Thing is, I'll inevitably end up xud'ing it anyway so I'm more tempted to put everything back to stock.

Not so much for that, more to check that each of the legs on the dispack is firing correctly.

New plugs obviously wouldn't hurt, as tom says, try getting the ICV fitted right.

My car just wouldn't have the '6 inlet. Refused to idle with it from the word go. I think some of the XSI ECUs just don't like it....
^^^
I had a cracked inlet manifold which let more air in than metered and have me a consistent misfire all the time.
Fix the icv!