306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Xud praise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just driven to Disney land Paris and back (5 days later) in my XtDt without any issues, that's 3 adults and a 3yr old plus luggage. Best of all it was all on WVO Big GrinBig Grin not bad for a 20yr old car.

Just a bit of praise for the old gal. Was lucky really as my breakdown cover was UK only LOL Rofl
I think they are all really good. Every car has problems and I think people just like to pick on french cars. Tongue Ive never had a problem with any of my cars that was Peugeot specific. My 1.4 was great, the hdi was economical and reliable and the 1.8 has only had one problem with a sensor and the heater matrix. Love them!
feeling the XUD love, real trouper of an engine no doubt . . .Big Grin
Except their chronic headgasket problems Tongue
(08-03-2014, 01:32 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Except their chronic headgasket problems Tongue

they don't have HG problems if you know how to look after an engine . . . . . and you know this bitch . .lol
Fairly sure renault are mostly responsible for earning French cars their rep, fecking horrible cars. That and people who don't know how to look after them - it was cheap to buy therefore i don't need to spend any money looking after it, no?
I think that just the mileage is impressive, a sniff over 150k = 6 times round the planet. Big Grin
(08-03-2014, 02:21 PM)Uberderv Wrote: [ -> ]I think that just the mileage is impressive, a sniff over 150k = 6 times round the planet. Big Grin

That's not all that impressive compared to DeeTurbo's HDi... Its over double that. lol
(08-03-2014, 01:32 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Except their chronic headgasket problems Tongue

pot, kettle, black?

as Matt says, they dont blow HG unless the owner has done something wrong or tuned it up without making the required support mods.

Std form, they are bullet proof.

I did 50k miles in my 1995 XTDT, it broke down twice. Once coz the starter motor wire broke, two min fix, once coz my wife drove it into a lake. I emptied it of water and it did another 30k strong on stg1 tune.
the engine is still around, Pugmarshall now has it...mind he blew it up in two weeks...that maybe because he ragged the crap out of it at 30psi with max fuel and no cooling aids in a 205!
(08-03-2014, 02:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2014, 02:21 PM)Uberderv Wrote: [ -> ]I think that just the mileage is impressive, a sniff over 150k = 6 times round the planet. Big Grin

That's not all that impressive compared to DeeTurbo's HDi... Its over double that. lol

Awesome Big Grin

That's further than the moon (at it's most distant point)

Think its good to have positive news amongst a lot of bad (faults etc.....)
end of the day its a £500 car. and you are likely to spend twice that each year to insure, tax, MOT and maintain it.

But for a £500 car, compared to others, it will love you back for it and take you to the moon!
(08-03-2014, 04:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]end of the day its a £500 car. and you are likely to spend twice that each year to insure, tax, MOT and maintain it.

But for a £500 car, compared to others, it will love you back for it and take you to the moon!

Amen Angel
I'm doing Croydon-Bournemouth-Plymouth-Bristol-Croydon next week, Thursday to Sunday and hopefully I can come in here with the same result Big Grin
Sharing the XUD love, my retro fitted one is epic.
(08-03-2014, 01:32 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Except their chronic head gasket problems Tongue

Have never blown a xud head gasket in my life. Even at 60psi manifold pressure.

Only thing that pops xud head gaskets is lack of mechanical sympathy when the temp gauge is shooting of the scale.
Done 20k in a year and a half in mine on veg oil, and granted it is now dying of head gasket failure, but it's never let me down, taken me to Cornwall and back twice fully loaded, always started on cold winter mornings with a tank full of 100% veg oil, put big smiles on my face on the Cumbrian passes...
My zx now has 185k on it, got it on 119k 2 years and 5 months ago. Pretty much all veg and the last year with a GT20 fitted Smile
On standard boost and adhering to coolant change intervals it is highly unlikely anyone is going to have head gasket issues in my opinion. Why people think it's acceptable to fill the coolant system with tap water is beyond me, but they do. I have a 900 mile road trip the week after next in my 406 on 201k on WVO, I do not expect a single problem.