306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: brake failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an intermittent brake problem Sad

I can start the car up and get down the road and brake at first and they will work fine if i keep them on constant but after about 3-4 seconds of braking the pedal will go very hard and wont be able to press it down. it will then be like this for a few more minutes when braking but then return to normal after a while. And then return to it playing up again a few moments later...

After looking on here for a while and asking people , it could be the brake servo? I have checked the pipe that runs down the back of the cooler and loops round and into the vacuum pump thingy on the end of the head. That pipe just before the it connects onto the pump in like a braided hose kind of pipe has been rubbing on another pipe which is either water or oil and seems to have burnt through the braid and into the rubber hose... im not entirely sure if there is actually a hole there though?

could this be it or is it something not so obvious? haha , also , would anyone know where to get some of this hose from?

Cheers,

Lewis
I've got some I think lad or any car shop will sell it
First, replace that hose. It isnt good even if it isnt leaking and not expensive