306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Formula One Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Id thought id start a new thread for the new season.

main news today is this

[Image: BiCmnoSCcAAvSuF.jpg:large]

Looks so epic! Think they might score some points this year!
Excellent livery! What team is that?

Can anyone explain why some of this years' cars appear to have a dildo moulded into the nosecone?!!
Im just not interested in F1. Touring cars yes but not F1 :/
Its to do with new regulations regarding nosecone height IIRC, Either way it makes them look bloody weird. Nice paintjob on that though!
I still think red bull and vettel will rule, but there will be a bumpy start to the season.

Either that or all their useless performances in pre season testing is a ploy to make everyone else feel like they have the upper hand.

But I doubt the comment above, as all teams need to run the cars pre season, unless Adrian has been a genius and designed and tested it all on computer, and in wind tunnels. Which we know does not work.
(06-03-2014, 06:20 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent livery! What team is that?

Williams.

It doesn't look great for Red Bull so far, they won't be holding anything back in testing, to risky to do that, and wind tunnels and CFD can't be relied on to be accurate.
Will be a pretty exciting year hopefully!
(06-03-2014, 06:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Im just not interested in F1. Touring cars yes but not F1 :/

Then why post? This wasnt a touring car thread, quite clearly says what it does on the tin.

Back on topic, I hope mclaren find some form again this year and jenson gets a bit of luck his way
Hopefully with the new engines and increased power & length of KERS the race should be a bit more interesting this season!
(06-03-2014, 07:12 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2014, 06:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Im just not interested in F1. Touring cars yes but not F1 :/

Then why post? This wasnt a touring car thread, quite clearly says what it does on the tin.

Back on topic, I hope mclaren find some form again this year and jenson gets a bit of luck his way

Yeh sorry that came across a bit blunt.
I want massa to win for being cheated out of his championship by Hamilton.
(06-03-2014, 07:42 PM)vlj Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully with the new engines and increased power & length of KERS the race should be a bit more interesting this season!

This. They seem to have gone back in time a bit with the cars which should make things interesting. Im certainly looking forward to watching this season!
Maybe you guys should join me fantasy formula one league! :p
Doubt I'll be watching it tbh, I work every Sunday now which is massive shame.
Looks like it will be a good year
Pretty good race today. Enjoyed the fact that Vettel retired!
Yeah was alright, I watched it on RTL as I don't have sky in tenerife (or at home for that matter) like the new engine note's/turbo soundtracks too, a little quiet but hey ho..
Was an interesting first race looking forward to how it progresses

Was a shame for Hamilton as I think there coulda been a decent battle between him and Rosberg closer to the end. Looks much better for Mclaren though which is good
I'm not keen on the engine noise. But I guess I'll have to get used to them. I think the only way it could be improved would be with higher revs
Holy crap that was a good race!!!!!!
(06-04-2014, 10:45 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap that was a good race!!!!!!

Didn't get chance to see it Sad
Do it
(06-03-2014, 08:42 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]I want massa to win for being cheated out of his championship by Hamilton.

Massa wasn't 'cheated' by Lewis ever, he was sh1t on by both Alonso and Shoemaker. The reason Lewis won the championship way back then was because Nick Heidfeld's car lost all grip in the last part of the race and Lewis managed to get past him, giving him that extra point. He won fair and square. Had ferarri not been such prats to Filippe earlier in the season by preferring the other driver too many times, he would have won. I do not like the red car team although I do like Massa and now he is with a decent team (even though they did the team orders last week on him) I wish him well.
Damn was a good watch tonight been a long time since there's been racing like that
Heidfeld was miles ahead then all of a sudden he loses grip. I don't think so.

Who saw the qualifying show?

Merc's new turbo idea where the cool side of the turbo is at the front of the engine and the hot side is at the rear of the engine.

Clever thinking.
Heidfeld ? He's bit been in it for years ...
Was talking about Hamiltons only championship