306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cooling fan, no low speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Righto lads and ladies, My friend Ryan with the phase one six only has a high speed fan on his radiator. Or should i say the fan only comes on at 105degrees and thats pretty darn hot. I had a look at the relays and they looked ok, i think i tested them but i cant remember. He only has physically one fan there (isnt is AC models that have 2?) But yeah i think thats it. How do we go about sorting it? Or what does the ecu go off to trigger the different fan speeds?
You'll need to get a lower temp rad switch.
It's behind the passenger headlight and screws into the rad
(01-03-2014, 09:37 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to get a lower temp rad switch.
It's behind the passenger headlight and screws into the rad

Does the '6 not have a low speed and high speed fan setting?
Just one speed setting on mine, although they are aftermarket fans.
It may be the same set up as the 205.it'll have a high/low speed resistor and they're all buggered.
Just get a lower temp rad switch so the fans come on earlier
Bump. We were talking about this the other day, he wants to put a switch in but i think it would be better if we could get the factory set up working properly, anyone got a '6 that knows whats spose to happen?
I had this. Bottom loom connector will be corroded, and the series 12v fan positive is broken (you can check voltage, theres an faq). When stage 2 kicks in at 105 the relays change to engage parallel fan operation, the second live switching in starts the second fan. I ran a separate 12v to the relay from the battery with a fuse inline, still worked 5 years later.

Guide: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5185.html

My issue with pic: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119690
Hmm i forgot about that loom connector! Will have to get in there and see how it looks! Thanks bud will report back with whats going on.
if its non ac then it will have or should have a resistor for the low speed which is clipped where the second fan would sit.
Looking at this now, its non ac so has one relay and one fan and only high speed setting. Attempting to run a switch so its manual but its not going so well either.

The resistor in the fan cowling had no resistance when checked with a meter across any of the pins, does that mean its fooked?