306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Securing a Sub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Intending to install my sub very soon but trying to think of ways to secure it. Usually I just bolt it to a board under the carpet but trying to consider other ideas as I don't want to see bolts sticking out the boot floor Undecided

Any ideas?
Self tappers through the boot floor from underneath? Big Grin
Velcro.
False wooden floor and self tappers with "L" brackets.
Bungee cord ftw
L brackets cut through the carpet is my plan, screwed to the side of the box.
Another idea; Take the sub out the box, screws/bolts through the board to the inside of the box then put it back in.
i just push mine up to the back seats, never moves an inch . .Smile
Velcro as said works unless your boot carpet isnt very firm otherwise the lot slides around. Personally a length of wood wedged between the sub and boot and painted black works fine.
Don't have a sub

Or build fake floor
(28-02-2014, 10:50 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]Another idea; Take the sub out the box, screws/bolts through the board to the inside of the box then put it back in.

For anyone interested, I did this ^

Looks a lot better than it did before.
Im a fan of wedging with a block, but my current sub has rubber feet so sticks pretty well
L brackets get my vote but whatever you do make sure its really bolted down as in a crash itll do huge damage if it gets loose
This my effort in kerrys xsi, and Reasons why

1. its very tightly wedged, meaning no screws or messing about to get it out
2. protects all wiring to the amp, neat & tidy
3. its hollow so good for heat
4. still leaves good boot space & means you can stack the shopping etc on it without damaging anything
5. it looks good Big Grin
Tidy job J, did you have a funny 5 mins ? lol