306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bugger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this belt lasted only 9 months.

[Image: B547500F-3FF1-4449-93EF-DA37F8A200CA.jpg]

Anything else I should check while I'm replacing it tomorrow? Luckily got the bastard home on the battery power (18 miles!) but it's proper dead now.

As an aside it reminded me how bloody heavy 306 steering is without the PAS!
Shit bad luck mate

Is it still under warranty?
306 steering is heavy enough with the PAS tbh lol.

Was it a cheap belt? Are any of the pulleys/tensioners floppy/wonky at all?
Check your tensioners. Had a dodgy one on my 106 that caused the aux belt to screech/snap.
Dayco belt, supplied by Peugeot!

Will check all the pulleys over. Seem to remember something about a 307 pulley being an upgrade? What part is that?
Ah ok, should be decent quality then!

That's the crank pulley from the 307 as it has less rubber in it. You'd notice if that was knackered though as they cause a low knocking noise/feel.
get your eye in, as in check all is inline. only .5mm out will do that. or a pulley that has a bearing gone and is at an angle. or a pulley which is still or rattly.
I've just had this last weekend, went on the M11 near Stansted, made it the rest of the way into London, then back to Leeds, then the 12 mile round trip to work Monday and Tuesday on 1 charge Big Grin

Parking on hills helps lol
Yeah, in a dt. Whereas an HDi ECU sees no battery charge and refuses to start regardless. Bastards. lol
broken aux belt and your HDI lives on!
go buy a lottery ticket C.A.R.
Yer bloody pansies!
Feel your pain mate, im running without the PAS pump at the moment, parallel parking is "interesting"! lol
(28-02-2014, 06:40 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, in a dt. Whereas an HDi ECU sees no battery charge and refuses to start regardless. Bastards. lol

Modern bloody witchcraft gets you nowhere sunshine!
Bulk order of 'man up' for Wingnutz please.
(28-02-2014, 11:09 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]Bulk order of 'man up' for Wingnutz please.

With a side order of biceps.
Leave me alone.....meanies. Sad
Put the new belt on and it kept jumping off the first groove...thought WTF?

There was a build up of debris in the first couple of grooves on the PAS pump, from a disintegrated previous belt. Scraped it out and now seems fine.

No slack on any of the tensioners so figure all is well.

Bastard car
(01-03-2014, 05:04 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Bastard c.a.r

Things that bad lol
Right, checked the belt today just because I don't trust it any more and found the following :

[Image: BEF4EFD0-DF98-43FA-AD1D-AE1D108DFA55.jpg]

It has slipped across one rib on the pulley. This is causing it to wear on the outer edge prematurely.

We previously cleaned out the 'grooves' in the pulley but can't explain why this has happened again? Anybody had a similar issue before?
When mine came off, it was a worn tensioner throwing it off (the spring loaded one). I crap myself when these come off, I lost an engine on another car to it going into the timing belt.
I read I think on cullys engine build thread or elsewhere that they had to shim out the pulley to line up with crank..not sure what to do if it's the other way Smile
Somethings out of line there...check tensioners aint cockeyed
Spin the tensioner/ idlers they should pretty much stop when you let go, if they spin like a roller skate wheel they're farked!
I'd say it's the tensioner tbh, exactly the same happened to mine
Air con pump spacer was just out when mine did that, but I had changed the sump. One of your pulleys is out of line, or a tensioner is cocked.
(11-03-2014, 05:47 PM)jamesgmg Wrote: [ -> ]When mine came off, it was a worn tensioner throwing it off (the sprung loaded one). I crap myself when these come off, I lost an engine on another car to it going into the timing belt.

Yup same happened on my estate, sprung tensioner was worn/wonky so pushing the belt off.
Have not done anything lately which would involve removing any of the pulleys, so does that point towards it being the tensioner?

Sprung one didn't have a great deal of 'spring' to it and from above it looked slightly out of bonk, but was told by my father in law that this was fine as it straightened up under tension - just didn't seem right to me!

Can someone link me to the correct one, and advise how to change it? Sorry, on my mobile this evening hence the helplessness!
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...181&000112

That one, and it's just a single hex bolt change it.