306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wiw/ gti6....... Another one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as mentioned on matts s16 wiw thread, I've just been to have a look at a local gti6....

It's a 99 nile blue, he's asking £700 with 6 months tax and mot, but negotiable over the parts that need sorting (minus the tax it's £580)

134k, same owner for the last 5 years, he bought it on 109k and did cambelt and water pump then

Just struggling to think of what to offer him really so here's my findings

It needs a new rear beam ( I have one in my garage already, but didn't tell him ;-) )

It needs new rear pads and discs.. Urgently

Drivers side wing has a large dent from where a forklift nudged it

Could do with a service, one of the pas pipes are leaking

One of the driveshaft gaiters is wet on the gearbox end

Small rust Bubble under the rear window

Back box is rotten

Aircon doesn't work, pipes look corroded

Good bits :
Apart from the wing body work looks great, small scuff on the front bumper but hardly noticeable, no laquer peel or discolouration

Engine runs and drives mint, no tapping, runs upto temperature and stays there, pulls hard through the gears goes BWAAAAAA

decent tyres and nice condition cyclones

Completely standard

£700 sound reasonable for the sake of a new beam, rear brakes and a wing?
Can't be worth much, it's Vile blue... But it does sound like you should be able to haggle him down some, as it needs a fair bit of work.
[attachment=13836]
My dad's just paid £540 for one on 13somethingk rear beam ok but no service 12 months mot 6 months tax.
(25-02-2014, 10:08 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]My dad's just paid £540 for one on 13somethingk rear beam ok but no service 12 months mot 6 months tax.

I was thinking about £600 tops for this one, it's been nicely looked after up until recently it would seem because the current owner has his eyes on a bmw so the 306 has suffered because of it
I'd say £600 top as well. But be cheeky and offer £550 as there is a lot of problems that need sorting.
It looks china in that pic lol!
(25-02-2014, 10:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks china in that pic lol!

I went to view it thinking it was China too haha
(25-02-2014, 10:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks china in that pic lol!

My dad's also looked China in the eBay ad.
its due a cambelt and a clutch if its on its original and a beam
all the things mine needed
i paid £650 for mine 12months ago and have probably spent close to 1K on top to get it together
but mine is a better colour Tongue
Go with a bit of paper with the cost of sorting each bit added up and show him?
Might help you to haggle.
(25-02-2014, 10:24 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]its due a cambelt and a clutch if its on its original and a beam
all the things mine needed
i paid £650 for mine 12months ago and have probably spent close to 1K on top to get it together
but mine is a better colour Tongue

Very true haha

Thing is I'm not really looking for a gti6, just that this one popped up locally and could potentially be a bargain if he budges on price enough. If it's going to be more effort than its worth though il just keep holding out for ph1 '6
If you're not that fussed, go back and offer him £500. He can only say no, then you can see what his bottom line is.
(25-02-2014, 10:32 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]If you're not that fussed, go back and offer him £500. He can only say no, then you can see what his bottom line is.

I think that's the best approach, arrange to meet him again on Thursday and take £500 cash plus a list of what itl cost to put it right, see if it tempts him
Yeah its got a lot of problems so just be cheeky!
Yeah lot of issues, offer £500 but expect to pay nearer £600
£550 tops surely.

He doesnt know you got a beam...so thats £100 second hand plus £100 for disc n pads right there
If you don't need another car right now...why not just hold out for a Ph.1 if that's what you really want? They do come up for sale every now and then!

All phases are really great and Ph.2/3s have a lot of advantages too, but if your heart is set on a Ph.1 maybe it's worth waiting if every time you see a Ph.1 you're going to wish you had that instead?
personaly id walk if you want a ph1
I was going to say dont pay 700... But now i've read the rest i think you should hold out for what you want... You have enough projects Zakk! Wink
I do want a ph1, but a gti6 is a gti6, I like a tastefully modded ph3 just as much :-\

Most parts that it needs I already have so if I can get it cheap then it's not really going to cost me that much to put right really.......

The only reason I'm looking is for something to play with while I'm rebuilding the rallye really, so resale value is quite important.

What would people say it would be worth with a low milage beam, undented wing and all the general wear and tear parts replaced?
About £900
7-800 with 12 months ticket
if you do the work yourself you have no history of the work being done so wont increase the value
(25-02-2014, 11:11 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]About £900

With 12mths tax and mot...if your lucky
Unfortunately actually breaking even on a '6 is pretty difficult.
Hmm yeah true, not too fussed about trying to make a killing selling it on, but as long as I can sell it for what I buy it it for then that's good enough.

It might yet replace one of my other cars if I end up enjoying it enough
Being phase 2 and vile nile, yeah 600 with the tax sounds good Smile

I'd personally hold out abit longer, I was going to buy a nile then the astor came up a week later so glad I waited out.

Also resale wouldn't be more than 900 still ok I guess
(25-02-2014, 11:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2014, 11:11 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]About £900

With 12mths tax and mot...if your lucky

tbh I thought about £7-800 but I thought you lot was saying I was underestimating :-)
In all honesty guys zakk has made it out to be alot worse than it is Smile

Considering he already has all the parts (so costing him nothing to fix it!) £700 didnt seem too bad to me.

I reckon if he does make an offer he would be driving it away for around the £650 mark. thats still alot of car for the money!
When i scrolled down I thought it was my old one then haha. It's not.
Pages: 1 2