306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bad crash today . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not me, I was following a lad on a bike. He was not riding badly in any way. Came up to a junction and a car turned across in front of him. He went over the top, landed badly.

It's all here on video: http://youtu.be/dgtUZp3hbMQ
Holy shit!

I hope he's ok, it looks like he went a fair whack!

Silver lining that you had the camera on the car should he be lucky enough to walk away from it
I really need to buy a dash cam.
Gosh that's bad!
When I had moped someone pulled out on me, luckily enough I stopped just in time my front wheel was touching her front bumper. Scariest time of my life!
I've got my gopro as a dash cam Tongue

Ever since some knob in a Saxo VTR spun his car right in front of me and almost took my mirrors off when he overtook me.

bastards.

Hope the guy on the bike wasn't too badly injured, I find that with bikers it's not the collision with the car that hurts, it's whatever you hit afterwards Sad
(25-02-2014, 08:55 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Gosh that's bad!
When I had moped someone pulled out on me, luckily enough I stopped just in time my front wheel was touching her front bumper. Scariest time of my life!

You would of been fine kent........ plenty of padding Wink
Plod have been in touch in the last half hour. I've sent them a link but can't open it. Smile

The lad has a broken wrist, the old lady (at least 85) is shaken.

I got the camera some years back after being hit by a chav from behind - plod didn't believe me, he said I'd pulled out of a side road. Tonight plod asked for a phone number but I am reluctant to talk to them, ever.
(25-02-2014, 09:12 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]Plod have been in touch in the last half hour. I've sent them a link but can't open it. Smile

The lad has a broken wrist, the old lady (at least 85) is shaken.

I got the camera some years back after being hit by a chav from behind - plod didn't believe me, he said I'd pulled out of a side road. Tonight plod asked for a phone number but I am reluctant to talk to them, ever.

At the end of the day mate that is somebody's wellbeing. For the sake of talking to another human being at the end of the phone (Who is only doing their job I may add) and it taking 5 minutes of your time, thats quite a narrow minded statement.

Fair enough you may have your qualms but that poor guy on the bike could probably really benefit from that footage.
I've given them the footage, I am just reluctant to talk to them. You may find out one day for yourself.

They've seen the vid now and are thankful for me having a camera.
You have to remember though that they want to talk to you about this incident, not whatever differences you have with them. All you are doing is smiting the chap on the bike.

But at the end of the day it's your prerogative. Who am I to say? lol
(25-02-2014, 09:33 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]You have to remember though that they want to talk to you about this incident, not whatever differences you have with them. All you are doing is smiting the chap on the bike.

Basically what Grant is saying is your a selfish arsehole.

But on a serious note, he's right. Its not like you can end up in trouble because of this so just help them. Im sure you will have the hump if your car got broken into and the police turned around and said we aren't helping you because you were rude to us. Its swings and roundabouts.
Stuff like that really puts me off getting a bike license, people just don't take any notice of bikes and you're always in deep shit if you come off Sad
Thats why my idea of implementing mandatory retests for over 65s is proved right.

It was light, a clear junction, low speed, yet she wiped the poor lad right off hia bike
Seems like the lad on the bike will be ok which is good Smile

They's seems to be enough witness's too make he's claim pretty clear,although aren't you breaking the law by with holding evidence? ??
(25-02-2014, 11:56 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the lad on the bike will be ok which is good Smile

They's seems to be enough witness's too make he's claim pretty clear,although aren't you breaking the law by with holding evidence? ??

I have sent plod the video, they had it before it went out to everyone else. I also made sure the lad was OK before the video was released.

Selfish arsehole? No, I wouldn't say that. I was more than helpful, first to talk to the lad, first to talk to the old lady. No one else would speak to her. She was just as shook up, possibly worse than the lad. There was about ten people all stood about watching, all on the phone, some taking video of the lad laying there motionless - what if he'd been killed? Gruesome bastards!

So if you're (note: You're is you are, not your) going to call anyone anything, make sure first you have some facts about the situation. I have my own personal reasons for not wanting to talk to plod, I've furnished them with video evidence, what more can I say or do? The outcome of it will be me wasting a day of my life going to court to give evidence so an old lady can be fined a load of money for Due Care, money that she either hasn't got so she'll freeze in winter or starve, or money that she could leave to a relative when she dies next week from late onset shock. Either way, the lad will get paid out by her insurance, have some time off work and will learn to be aware of women drivers. In 35 years of riding motorbikes, it has only ever been women that ever managed to knock me off my bike, thus proving they are better drivers.

Seriously though, with age comes wisdom. If you don't have to talk to the plod, then don't.
(26-02-2014, 12:21 AM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2014, 11:56 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the lad on the bike will be ok which is good Smile

I have sent plod the video, they had it before it went out to everyone else. I also made sure the lad was OK before the video was released.

Selfish arsehole? No, I wouldn't say that. I was more than helpful, first to talk to the lad, first to talk to the old lady. No one else would speak to her. She was just as shook up, possibly worse than the lad. There was about ten people all stood about watching, all on the phone, some taking video of the lad laying there motionless - what if he'd been killed? Gruesome bastards!

So if you're (note: You're is you are, not your) going to call anyone anything, make sure first you have some facts about the situation. I have my own personal reasons for not wanting to talk to plod, I've furnished them with video evidence, what more can I say or do? The outcome of it will be me wasting a day of my life going to court to give evidence so an old lady can be fined a load of money for Due Care, money that she either hasn't got so she'll freeze in winter or starve, or money that she could leave to a relative when she dies next week from late onset shock. Either way, the lad will get paid out by her insurance, have some time off work and will learn to be aware of women drivers. In 35 years of riding motorbikes, it has only ever been women that ever managed to knock me off my bike, thus proving they are better drivers.

Seriously though, with age comes wisdom. If you don't have to talk to the plod, then don't.

At the risk of being hounded on, i completely agree with this statement.

It has nothing to do with being selfish or arrogant. Only when you have been in this situation can you understand that ANYTHING you say CAN and WILL be used against YOU even if you were nothing to do with the situation.

Thankfully your video evidence should be all they need as it clearly shows the entire incident and clearly shows who is at fault and who is too blame.
Sorry but IMO that's just a very biased opinion of someone who doesn't like the police. Bearing in mind this guy had nothing to do what so ever to do with the accident. He just has video evidence of what happened. How the hell can that be used against him or anything he says unless he's a complete tool and just blatantly lies about what happened although on this occasion, there's no need to at all as it's all on video.
Hope the guy makes a quick recovery, hope the stupid old hag gets her licence taken away for such an easily avoidable accident.

Looks pretty open and shut to be honest, police might want a statement from the OP but IMO I can't see the point when it's all on video???
If everything is on the video doesn't really matter if he didn't put his name forward, he can't give any more info than what the video saw. Personally I would just hand the video over and stay out of it.
(26-02-2014, 11:55 AM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]If everything is on the video doesn't really matter if he didn't put his name forward, he can't give any more info than what the video saw. Personally I would just hand the video over and stay out of it.

Precisely this! the less you get involved the less you can be involved.
(25-02-2014, 10:16 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2014, 09:33 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]You have to remember though that they want to talk to you about this incident, not whatever differences you have with them. All you are doing is smiting the chap on the bike.

Basically what Grant is saying is your a selfish arsehole.

But on a serious note, he's right. Its not like you can end up in trouble because of this so just help them. Im sure you will have the hump if your car got broken into and the police turned around and said we aren't helping you because you were rude to us. Its swings and roundabouts.

That's a bit harsh. I personally stay clear of the police if I have to. My mums house got broken into. Car twice and my car was broken into and they done zilch. There exact words were they won't be back your just an unlucky victim. They refused to do anything about my car and said it was just one of the local thief's. This is probably why the guy wants nothing to do with them as do I as they are useless. Yet they are quick to stop me when I didn't have my seatbelt on and give me a fine,
So what your saying is is you have the hump when they don't do anything about someone breaking the law by breaking into your car but you want them to ignore the law when you break the law by not wearing your seat belt? It's almost like a lot of people that get caught by the police for doing wrong hate them because they have been caught I'm the wrong. End of the day, you break the law, expect to get caught and take a flower from the arm of the law.
Oh and I've also been burgled twice and nothing ever came of it despite the fact that I knew who did it. Am I angry with them? No because I know they do have to prioritise their already limited time. I've also been caught and prosecuted for speeding. Do I go around slagging them off? No because I was in the wrong and was stupid enough to get caught.

End of the day in this case, this guy is being purposely obstructive by not talking to them when it won't effect him at all. Well actually, it could do if they do want to talk to him and he refuses and rightly so!
(26-02-2014, 03:07 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]So what your saying is is you have the hump when they don't do anything about someone breaking the law by breaking into your car but you want them to ignore the law when you break the law by not wearing your seat belt? It's almost like a lot of people that get caught by the police for doing wrong hate them because they have been caught I'm the wrong. End of the day, you break the law, expect to get caught and take a flower from the arm of the law.
Oh and I've also been burgled twice and nothing ever came of it despite the fact that I knew who did it. Am I angry with them? No because I know they do have to prioritise their already limited time. I've also been caught and prosecuted for speeding. Do I go around slagging them off? No because I was in the wrong and was stupid enough to get caught.

End of the day in this case, this guy is being purposely obstructive by not talking to them when it won't effect him at all. Well actually, it could do if they do want to talk to him and he refuses and rightly so!
Ah but you don't know the reason why I didn't have a seatbelt on. I was heavily pregnant I couldn't physically put my seatbelt on without it squashing me. Adam wasn't insured to drive the car so for the sake of quickly popping to the shop I done it, my first offence aswell and I get a fine, I always wear my seatbelt. There are worse offences. Driving with no insurance, the followed me to the shop she said and back. They obviously had no work on. (Undercover car) This was a one off. I've always been cooperative with them helped them with a few enquires but the ones in my town are bloody useless not all of them but someone people don't want to associate with them there choice, I actually had my car window shot at. Because I didn't go to the police the same night they wouldn't look into it. I was in so much shock I was more interested In getting home safely not sitting around waiting for them to come.
Popcorn Looks like its plebgate all over again

Makes no difference in this instance wether he speaks or not and due to the incident in question i completely agree with him!

If the biker had been seriously injured / killed im sure he would take the appropriate approach / responsibility with regards too the police.
End of the day there was no need to be rude to him. That was out of order. Like Matt said he knows what he has to do.
now everyones taken a bashing !
please keep it polite

everybody has different opinions on the police and how they react/interact with them
the OP is well within his right s to with hold info or stay silent
if the police want the info that badly im sure they have powers to talk to him

thanks for showing the video on here
just shows that an ordenary day can be wrecked as can the rest of your life by no fault of your own

speedy recovery to the bike rider
Smile
Sorry but it just really gets on my nerves that people just slate the police and 9 times out of 10, the only reason why is because they have been caught doing something wrong but aren't man enough to just hold their hands up.
And then said people will be the first to call the police begging for their help when they need it.
(26-02-2014, 05:08 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but it just really gets on my nerves that people just slate the police and 9 times out of 10, the only reason why is because they have been caught doing something wrong but aren't man enough to just hold their hands up.
And then said people will be the first to call the police begging for their help when they need it.

I am a MAN!

I've been stopped by Police, I even know the local bent coppers Tongue

BUT last week I still reported a car driving dangerously.

Don't forget, the Police is a public service. If your wallet gets nicked from your car, but someone is getting mugged down town, you can be damn sure that they're not going to come and save your wallet. It's impossible to have 100% attendance, don't forget there's people whom exaggerate over the phone, the Police turn up and there's f*ck all there. etc etc.

Big Grin
This forum.
(26-02-2014, 03:57 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Popcorn Looks like its plebgate all over again

Makes no difference in this instance wether he speaks or not and due to the incident in question i completely agree with him!

If the biker had been seriously injured / killed im sure he would take the appropriate approach / responsibility with regards too the police.

Matt, back in '90, a very close friend was killed while riding his bike. Because I went to every court hearing, every time I went out on my bike I was being watched.

That's just one instance. Keep away from them.
Pages: 1 2