306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Most Useful 306 Upgrades/Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you could go back to when your car was standard, What would you upgrade/modify and what would you not have upgraded looking back?
For example - Xsara Mist jets, HDI remap etc
My car is std. other than Xsara mist jets, aero wipers and an induction kit.

I think Xsara mist jets and aero wipers are a brilliant upgrade for very little outlay.
What do aero wipers do?

I consider fitting a decent stereo a useful upgrade.
Better speakers and stereo.

Removal of clutch pedal spring.

Underseal and stonechip all inner arches

Mask headlights

And as said, mist jets and aero wipers.

And of course: 'clones and a 40mm drop"
(25-02-2014, 11:39 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]What do aero wipers do?

I consider fitting a decent stereo a useful upgrade.

Ah yeah, reasonable HU is a good one too. Forgot to add that.

They don't jump around at high speeds, also they wipe a bit better generally, they apply equal pressure along the whole blade rather than only at the points the cage holds it.

They're a lot slimmer and look better as well IMO.

I've got a cheap set off ebay that was recommended to me and it's been great so far.
Powerflex lower engine mount and quick shift, my old d turbo felt so much better with these fitted!
Thanks all
I havent yet got mist jets but will soon
From everyones posts ive:

Just bought

Aero Wipers

Already Got

Upgraded HU
Clones
Clutch Pedal Spring Removed (made no difference though)
best mod
auto dimming rear view mirror
Cully's 'High beam fog flash' mod
mist jets

worst mod
blue LED dash lights nd switch's removed within 3 days of night driving
Clutch pedal spring, you say? Where is this?
Clutch pedal?
Er, on the clutch pedal... Hmm
Ha. Kinda saw that coming, I do get annoyed with the springiness of that clutch. Out it comes
Whats so good about the xsara jets? Do they look any different to the standard ones because i kinda like the look of them..

Also been meaning to take out the clutch spring this long time but thought it might mess up the clutch pedal?
Xsara jets spray a wide mist of water over your screen, as opposed to 2 thin streams of water that invariably never actually contact the window. lol

Another, often overlooked, mod i like, is Cully's 'High beam fog flash' mod, just adds that little bit more light in the gulleys for b road blasting in the dark! Wink
Best mod
exhaust
supercharger
rollcage
brakes

worst mod
Supercharger
bucket seats(other peoples options)
Squeling brakes

No mod I did also came with a compromise but I guess you get that with a track car.

best free mod
Remove seats and interior Smile
Roll it!
(25-02-2014, 01:54 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]often overlooked, mod i like, is Cully's 'High beam fog flash' mod, just adds that little bit more light in the gulleys for b road blasting in the dark! Wink

bugger i forgot about that!
yes thats one for the todo list well worth it for little cost Wink
(25-02-2014, 03:19 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2014, 01:54 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]often overlooked, mod i like, is Cully's 'High beam fog flash' mod, just adds that little bit more light in the gulleys for b road blasting in the dark! Wink

bugger i forgot about that!
yes thats one for the todo list well worth it for little cost Wink

Is this in the guides section?!
it is
(25-02-2014, 03:25 PM)Just Sean Wrote: [ -> ]it is

ok will go digging Smile

Cullys airbag resistor mods cant be excluded either for very useful moments of the year!!

man of many words eh sean Wink
indeed
(25-02-2014, 01:16 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats so good about the xsara jets? Do they look any different to the standard ones because i kinda like the look of them..

Yes, they're enormous lol! BUT they are awesome, 1st thing I do to any 306. Wink

Apart from that though, splitter and spoiler finish off any Meridian. And gti boot trim!
Lol Sean.

Best mod imo has got to be pu p-bushes. Changes the front end considerably and puts an end to replacing wishbones cos yet another shitty p-bush has given up the ghost and its not worth fighting to swap just the bush.
P bushes is a must.

as is HDi remap or stage 1 tune up on a bosch pump...so bosch swap for any lucas cars!

And the mist jets arent all that bad...I have colour coded mine and they blend in quite well Smile
Disco ball.
283mm brakes if you don't already have them, mist jets, aero wipers, wind deflectors, decent gear knob are all great easy mods, i love my 309 mi16 steering wheel too . .Smile
Ah, how could I forget... Black ice magic tree!
If a car came with life time supply of black ice I would save a fortune
Uh no, california scents!
(25-02-2014, 09:04 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Uh no, california scents!

Qft
Pages: 1 2