306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: boost gauge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have a boost gauge (sorry if spelt wrong lol) it has power to it and is piped in but it is showing no boost at all ever. what could be causing this
Where is it plumbed into?
I don't no will have to get picture to show lol
You want to connect to the intlet manifold as that is where we want to know the boost. Get a picture up and we can point you in the right direction.
Have you checked for kinks in the pipe?
awaits epic fail . . . .sorry . . .Big Grin
Its in the airbox or something trololol
(22-02-2014, 03:54 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Its in the airbox or something trololol

Well not air box lol but Deffo not in right place sure of it
[attachment=13745]
Tell me where has the pervious d¤¤k put it lol
what's that plumbed into? . . . .
Looks like you've plumbed it into the vacuum line for the EGR. lol

What made you think, that's where it goes?
Looks like the servo vacuum people use for a DV?
I didn't put it in, it was in before I got car so not my fault
Oops... lol

Does like its plumbed into the EGR pipe tbh.
You need to get under and have a look. Does your boost gauge not read vacuum?
So can I just pull it off and plug pipe or would that create a problem

(22-02-2014, 05:41 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]You need to get under and have a look. Does your boost gauge not read vacuum?

It does this is it I know it's a cheap and nasty Halford one but should still work
[attachment=13746]
And this is where that pipe goes to
[attachment=13747]
Yeah, take that T piece put and put a straight joiner in.

What dumbass owned the car before you!?
(22-02-2014, 05:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, take that T piece put and put a straight joiner in.

A serious one mate but no idea what that bit is that it is the pipe goes to is as it looks important
haha, that's quite a good one, no wonder you aren't seeing anything. Get a nipple and tap in to the aluminium inlet manifold, no need for T peices etc.
(22-02-2014, 06:08 PM)camoturd Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2014, 05:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, take that T piece put and put a straight joiner in.

A serious one mate but no idea what that bit is that it is the pipe goes to is as it looks important

The black thing with the pipes coming off it is only the EGR solenoid. Better off unplugging the blue plug to stop it working altogether tbh. Wink
Sorry if I'm looking at wrong pipe but isn't it going into brake servo?
I have no idea lol that is definitely why I have asked before taking it off as it is piped into the one that has 5 he writing on it and goes to that little black bin like thing Lol
(22-02-2014, 08:15 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I'm looking at wrong pipe but isn't it going into brake servo?

I think im on the same wavelength as you there..

See if the gauge moves when you press your brakes Rofl
Ok will look tomorrow now then
(22-02-2014, 08:15 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I'm looking at wrong pipe but isn't it going into brake servo?

What else do you think requires a vacuum feed to work..? Wink
It's the vacuum pipe which feeds the EGR (comes from the brake servo yes), only the pipe is off at the other end from the looks of it so that is why it's not pulling a negative reading on the gauge.
(23-02-2014, 09:46 AM)pro_steve Wrote: [ -> ]It's the vacuum pipe which feeds the EGR (comes from the brake servo yes), only the pipe is off at the other end from the looks of it so that is why it's not pulling a negative reading on the gauge.

I have checked if it moves when I press breaks and no it doesn't lol so has anyone got a picture of where it is meant to go then
Best place it to drill and tap the inlet elbow.
Should I wait to fit my intercooler before doing this or not