306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 Estate Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just a mad idea I had a few weeks ago - chop a 306 estate in half and make a trailer from the back end.

No doubt it has been done before but wtf. I reckon it'll turn a few heads being dragged by a 306 estate.
Do it would be awesome fit a bed in it with some cooking space bit like top gear with the estates be perfect for shows no tenting Wink
I nearly did this with a hatch last year but little niggles ended it and I just bought a trailer!!

Would be cool
Been done before, it was a transformers thing i think. Been on ebay for the past 4 years.
(20-02-2014, 10:57 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Been done before, it was a transformers thing i think. Been on ebay for the past 4 years.

Sure that was a hatchback tho not an estate trailer
(20-02-2014, 10:57 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Been done before, it was a transformers thing i think. Been on ebay for the past 4 years.

That was the back of a hatchback though, the op is talking about using an estate back end. Tongue
Theres a mini not far from me with a mini trailer. So cool!
(21-02-2014, 12:04 AM)Sian Wrote: [ -> ]Theres a mini not far from me with a mini trailer. So cool!

There's a lot of minis with trailer at mini shows they're so cool.
Do it. I'll happily cut a 306 in half for you. The only issue you'll find is the overall weight and getting it balanced right.
One of my mates has chopped a. Vw jetta in half and made it into a trailer.
There's a fella in our village with a Parejo & pajero trailer. Il try grab a pic next time I see it
I believe Sam done this to his 309?
(21-02-2014, 08:53 AM)mr_fish Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Sam done this to his 309?

Yep, looks awesome Big Grin
Well Saturday (tomorrow) is the day the whole car enters the barn . . . Smile

Saturday came . . . the car is now in the barn ready for the chop. I'll be sticking some large blocks underneath to take the weight/strain when the cut happens. Big angle grinder at the ready.

I feel like 'the Mad Professor"! Smile
The car is now in two!

If I knew how to post pictures, I would. I have upped some onto the Facebook page.
Alex, click on new reply below this post and at the bottom there is a choice to upload file. Click, that, choose your file then upload it then when the page refreshes, hit "insert into post"

Done Smile
You can use the forums own image uploader which you'll find underneath the text entry box in full editor mode. Wink
Or use photobucket

sound's like a great idea btw Smile
[attachment=14770][attachment=14771][attachment=14772]

Well, I'll be . . . Smile
Get a saloon and create a limo estate lol
(21-02-2014, 08:45 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a fella in our village with a Parejo & pajero trailer. Il try grab a pic next time I see it

That sounds interesting
Looks like you need to tidy up a bit! lol
(29-03-2014, 09:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you need to tidy up a bit! lol

You sound like my mother! Angry
(29-03-2014, 10:56 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-03-2014, 09:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you need to tidy up a bit! lol

You sound like my mother! Angry

I genuinely thought it was a scrap yard for a minute! lol Tongue
It's an open barn that is used for sawing logs and firewood.

One day I will "tidy up", when I find the Haynes Manual on it . . .
I'm been thinking about this for ages just could not find a silver 1 cheap enough for me 2 do it im so gutted you got there 1st but on the flip side i'm dying to see it done best of luck if u give up on it PM me pretty please
I'll not be giving up. I see why you want a silver one, I'm thinking of painting it red to match my car.
This is epic.

Although aren't home made trailers illegal now?

I hope I am wrong
get it done!
Home made trailers ain't illegal. a guy did it with a zafira not to long ago (5-6months) and aslong as you take it to vosa for a check its fine. You get some paperwork to say its had a vosa check and all is legal
Pages: 1 2 3