306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fluid Transfer Pumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im going to be converting to veg in the next couple of weeks.

It got me thinking

How do i get the veg in the car with out making a mess every where!

Any one know of any good hand pumps?

Been looking at these

[Image: 11IZP5Zc64L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
(Click pic for more info)

but has any one got another solution?
This weekend i'll be mostly welding a handle onto the spigot of a power steering pump...
Good hand pump that.
and SUCK!

[Image: supersiphon.jpg]
Man can you imagine trying to siphon vegetable oil, that'd be a bitch of a job.
Poodle Wrote:This weekend i'll be mostly welding a handle onto the spigot of a power steering pump...

Let me know how that goes! Could rig up a small motor to do that and give that a go.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIPHON-SYPHON ... 48413abb34

also looks quite handy - there's loads on ebay..
Use an old lift pump from something and connect it to a battery. Slow but gets the job done.
Got to be wary when buying hand pumps like that Ben, you may find that the inlet tube is wider than vegetable oil drum outlets. The 20l ktc containers I get from JJ Foods have a fairly small opening.
I just pour it straight out of the bottle/ container into a funnel and straight in
If ive just been to tesco for "fuel" then i buy a 19p bottle of sparkling flavoured water and cut the bottom off. It makes a perfect funnel due to it long neck
Just buy a funnel, or the best thing I use is a watering can. 12 litre one from b&q, Was only a fiver.
I like using a fluid transfer pump, makes it easy but an electric PAS pump and a bit of wiring will be alot faster.
Fluid transfer lol
Haha such a child!
Any cheap hardware store e.g. "ProperJob" sell 99p & £1.99 funnels.

They have a mesh/filter in which is a great extra precaution but you can easily cut them out if you want it to go through quicker. Smile
use them for work for moving the oil out the 200ltr barrels into 5ltr jugs. will move around 5ltrs in about 10-15 secs depending on how fast you crank the handle
Just found this in machine mart. What do you guys think?
i just got a £1 funnel from local car place and used that...nice and simple and no mess

[Image: Flexible-Oil-Funnel-16-big.jpg]
holding 20l of veg up and trying to pour it into a funnel equals waste and takes an age iv tried decanting it into smaller containers etc just makes it worst
I just pour in from 20l drums with a funnel. I have this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-3L-TRANSFER-...317wt_1166 funnel. I cut the very bottom inch or 2 off it to make it flow a bit quicker, then I open the boot and clip the clip onto the gas strut. Funnel stays in place and only takes a minute to pour it in, only problem is you've no auto-cut off so overfilling can be a problem!

Having said this I like Dum-Dums ideal of and electric PAS, might have to investigate.